Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-31-2019, 02:37 PM

Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hello Barryd,

The problem occurs when a computer with offline-only Project(s) starts an internet connection. If you are working on a second computer it would not affect the Project(s) on your first computer.

Since you expressed concern about your recording we would recommend that you export your Project (full mix or individual tracks). To preserve individual tracks for mixing later:
  1. Solo a track
  2. Disable any plug-ins
  3. Go to File > Export... Audio Mix ("Multiple mono" for mono tracks and "Interleaved" for stereo)
  4. Repeat for other tracks
This will create WAV files which could be imported into a new Project if needed. The new files will be in Documents/Pro Tools/Bounced Files.

Best regards,
DTS
Thanks. I thought the problem occurred when you lost an internet connection not when you started one. I am familiar with exporting and already exported the mixed version but I guess exporting each track might be a good idea. Why would you disable the plugins though as there could be stuff like compression, reverb etc on each track?
Old 06-06-2019, 12:47 AM

Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryd View Post
Maybe sightly off topic but I want to test PTF on my laptop in preparation for a trip ill be doing soon. At the moment on my main PTF desktop PC I have one offline project that I really would be devastated to lose. Can I safely open up PTF on the laptop which currently has no projects on it, safe in the knowledge that if it encounters this error it will not have any effect whatsoever on the other Main PTF PC that currently has my offline project on it I Cant afford to lose?
Or you can consolidate and export the stems of your project like in this video example I have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93KF_rz4fA
Old 06-16-2019, 01:02 AM

Has there been any progress on a fix for this yet?

Ive not had this issue since this thread was last updated but Ive not been using PTF as much and probably not had any connection issues. Any idea when a fix might be announced?
Old 06-16-2019, 01:39 AM

No official fix untill now.

I ´ve made my own solution that works:

Delete everyhing what is AVID Link and AVID Application Manager. Now you can not synchronize any projects to the AVID Cloud. I have changed my 3 Cloud Project to Local and have made 5 or so more additional Projects local. Since 1 week i have had no crashes, no losts of projects. It doesn`t matter anymore wheter i´m online or not. It works like it should.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Has there been any progress on a fix for this yet?

Ive not had this issue since this thread was last updated but Ive not been using PTF as much and probably not had any connection issues. Any idea when a fix might be announced?
I have had 2 emails since, one that they are looking into it and the second, that they have now fixed it and will be in the next update.
This was 3 weeks ago.
Nothing since.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netmania View Post
No official fix untill now.

I ´ve made my own solution that works:

Delete everyhing what is AVID Link and AVID Application Manager. Now you can not synchronize any projects to the AVID Cloud. I have changed my 3 Cloud Project to Local and have made 5 or so more additional Projects local. Since 1 week i have had no crashes, no losts of projects. It doesn`t matter anymore wheter i´m online or not. It works like it should.
Just coming back to this. Could you maybe explain that a bit more clearly please?

Are you saying uninstall the Avid application manager?

I have to say though in the past few weeks I have not had this issue but probably because my internet connection has been ok.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:44 PM

Just a thought and this might have been covered but is there any way I Can locate the folder where the offline projects are stored and back them up somewhere else say to the desktop so if they all vanish I can just put them back? I have a feeling this might have been covered and its not that straight forward.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:44 AM

Exact. I have deleted Avid Link, Avid Application Manager (on a Mac you find them all under Programs/Avid). They all have an uninstall program. After that you are no more connected to the AVID Cloud. That means you can`t sync projects anymore untill you reinstall Avid Link and Application Manager again - and 100 % for shure loose all your project data :-( So Don`t reinstall them !!!!!!!

After that you have to open the projects that are also stored in the cloud and locally and set them to only local. You have to uncheck the marker "Backup in the Cloud".

From now on the Pro Tools First start will check you licenses only on your local Ilok Manager.
In case you are a Windows User procedures may be different - i am a Mac User and it works like a charm.

On Mac you find the local stored project files under Documents/Pro Tools/Project Cache/Pxxxxxxxxxx/ go to the Avid Projects wrapped folder and open them with right click. Then you see inside the real name of your project and in subfolders your audio files etc.

If you store your Project files as a copy to another drive and bring them back another time, your Pro Tools First will also delete them automaticly. Another problem is, you can not open them, because they are also deleted in your Pro Tools First Filesystem and are not showing when try to open.

I have tried all possibilities and in the meanwhile - after this kind of hassle i decided to go back to Logic. The price increase of up to 100 % for Pro Tools Subs from Juli 1st - shows that I am not the right customer for this kind of software.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netmania View Post
Exact. I have deleted Avid Link, Avid Application Manager (on a Mac you find them all under Programs/Avid). They all have an uninstall program. After that you are no more connected to the AVID Cloud. That means you can`t sync projects anymore untill you reinstall Avid Link and Application Manager again - and 100 % for shure loose all your project data :-( So Don`t reinstall them !!!!!!!
That doesn't match my testing. Uninstalling Avid Application Manager and/or Avid Link doesn't prevent Pro Tools First from using my Avid cloud account. I can still create cloud or local Projects.
Quote:
After that you have to open the projects that are also stored in the cloud and locally and set them to only local. You have to uncheck the marker "Backup in the Cloud".
Local-only Projects are the ones at risk here, so it would be safer to leave Backup to Cloud enabled on your Projects for now.
Quote:
From now on the Pro Tools First start will check you licenses only on your local Ilok Manager.
Your iLok license is activated to your computer or an iLok USB key and simply authorizes the PT app. Not sure how that is a factor here.

Some definition might help:
  • Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate can use Sessions (which are standard folders that contain the session file, media, settings, etc.) or Projects (which are packages that include all files and settings and are managed by the app).
  • Pro Tools First only uses Projects.
  • A Project can either be in your Avid cloud with a local cached copy or local-only (Backup to Cloud disabled).
The problem in this thread is specific to local-only Projects if internet gets enabled while the PT app is open. If you have persistent internet -or- leave internet disconnected while PT is open then you will not experience this problem.

The majority of users are not at risk:
  • Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate users working with Sessions are not affected.
  • Pro Tools First, Pro Tools, or Pro Tools Ultimate users with cloud Projects are not affected.
  • Pro Tools First, Pro Tools, or Pro Tools Ultimate users with local-only Projects that have persistent internet or leave internet disconnected are not affected.
A fix is in progress, but until available we still recommend following the steps in the alert that was posted.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Just a thought and this might have been covered but is there any way I Can locate the folder where the offline projects are stored and back them up somewhere else say to the desktop so if they all vanish I can just put them back? I have a feeling this might have been covered and its not that straight forward.
Project data is stored in your Documents > Pro Tools > Project Cache but Pro Tools First won't recognize it if moved/restored manually. If you have unique audio you might want to export it (mixed or individual tracks with/without effects) as a backup.
Quote:
...I have to say though in the past few weeks I have not had this issue but probably because my internet connection has been ok.
If your internet connection is solid then it never has to re-connect so you won't experience the problem. If your internet is not reliable you should disable it, launch PT and work on your Project, quit PT, then enable internet. Again, this is only if you are using local-only Projects (cloud Projects are not affected).