Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 PM

Default Locked - Cannot use selection tool anywhere in edit window or move clips!

Hiya,

I've scoured the forums to no avail. I must've accidentally set something but I can not click on any clips or change playhead location with my selection tool. The tick marks in the timeline have disappeared and the playhead only plays from the beginning. I can't move clips forward or back in time but I can move them between tracks at the same location. Something is locked but I can't figuer out what. Please help!!!

thanks!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Locked - Cannot use selection tool anywhere in edit window or move clips!

first part sounds like the Timeline and Edit Selection are unlinked
the latter I've not seen before

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 05-04-2012, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Locked - Cannot use selection tool anywhere in edit window or move clips!

They are linked… I can't figure this issue out and I have a deadline. I'm freaking out.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Hey man,

Sorry bit of a noob at this stuff but this sounds like something that happened to me on a session! Check and see if you are viewing waveform, blocks or regions on the track just above elastic properties!
Alternatively def check your preferences and get back to me asap! Also which version you running?

Hope this helps. Ezee!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eneedham View Post
Hiya,

I've scoured the forums to no avail. I must've accidentally set something but I can not click on any clips or change playhead location with my selection tool. The tick marks in the timeline have disappeared and the playhead only plays from the beginning. I can't move clips forward or back in time but I can move them between tracks at the same location. Something is locked but I can't figuer out what. Please help!!!

thanks!
I have had this happen twice! It must be a bug or something.

I was recording some midi, had about 2 or 3 midi tracks going, then I must of left to do something (left pro tools running) when I came back the 1st midi clip wouldn't move (although I could delete it). Then a few days ago I opened up a different session and the midi clips were stuck to the grid!

I've had some other weird stuff happen with the midi lately.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 PM

I/m running 10.0.1… downloading latest update now.

Where do I see this elastic properties you are talking about?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eneedham View Post
I/m running 10.0.1… downloading latest update now.

Where do I see this elastic properties you are talking about?
Hey, I wouldn't download / install the latest version yet!! People have had loads of trouble!

I'm on 10.0.1
Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 PM

Great. This is rediculous. I can open other sessions and the issue isn't happening with those. It's just this one. When I open the OMF I used to create this PT session, the same issue happens. It's super weird. I never changed the OMF.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 PM

Now I'm going to pay $40 to hear Avid tell me they don't know what the issue is.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 PM

When you look at the edit window, where you see the track name, under the solo and mutes. It should say waveform, block, Region etc. Give me a min until I go turn on PT lol I'm in bed!!