Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2010, 12:38 PM

Default SoundToys Re-update

Hi.
Re-update 4.02

http://www.soundtoys.com/download/index.php
Old 03-30-2010, 02:10 PM

Default Re: SoundToys Re-update

thank you

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Old 03-30-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
Where is the "What's new with 4.02" ?

thanks.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:28 PM

from ken @ soundtoys...

Quote:
Yeah, I hate to churn them this fast, but a couple of not-so-nice bugs popped up that didn't show up during our beta cycle. With all the people downloading the updates over the past couple of weeks it's been a quick stress-test for our new code.

This one, 4.02, fixes a bug with Pro Tools that usually showed itself as EchoBoy going silent after recalling a session or loading presets. The bug had potential to cause other problems too, so we wanted to get the fix out ASAP.
e
Old 03-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Only reason to upgrade that I can see is "Decapitator". What is the word on it? I own Trash, Tape-Head, Reel Tape Saturation, Pheonix, LoFi, and probably a few more that aren't comin' to mind right now. They all have their place, but are still not the $h!t. . . Any big advantage to "Decapitator"?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
Only reason to upgrade that I can see is "Decapitator". What is the word on it? I own Trash, Tape-Head, Reel Tape Saturation, Pheonix, LoFi, and probably a few more that aren't comin' to mind right now. They all have their place, but are still not the $h!t. . . Any big advantage to "Decapitator"?
i am in love w decapitator. might be a honeymoon thing right now, but has turned into my goto distortion plug for vocals, bass, drums. have also been using it lightly on drums for some ummpphh. this thing has some serious balls to it. have to keep the settings quite low to use it as just a saturation plug. it is supposed to simulate certain mic pre's being overdriven, if that gives you an idea. but can add some serious punch.

and also, all the plugs have been updated, and also includes panman, a new autopanner plug.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
i am in love w decapitator. might be a honeymoon thing right now, but has turned into my goto distortion plug for vocals, bass, drums. have also been using it lightly on drums for some ummpphh. this thing has some serious balls to it. have to keep the settings quite low to use it as just a saturation plug. it is supposed to simulate certain mic pre's being overdriven, if that gives you an idea. but can add some serious punch.

and also, all the plugs have been updated, and also includes panman, a new autopanner plug.
That is the problem. . . the honeymoon phase. I buy/own many plugins, I use 'em and within a few months and then many I just don't dig anymore finding they don't make the right difference. Unfortunetly software is hard to sell and the update fees keep comin'. I currently an in the honeymoon phase with Brainworx. I hope it is a long relationship, although I am already married to much of the Waves stuff.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
That is the problem. . . the honeymoon phase. I buy/own many plugins, I use 'em and within a few months and then many I just don't dig anymore finding they don't make the right difference. Unfortunetly software is hard to sell and the update fees keep comin'. I currently an in the honeymoon phase with Brainworx. I hope it is a long relationship, although I am already married to much of the Waves stuff.
i understand completely which is why i stated it. but i have to say, all soundtoys plugs are keepers imo and at this point i cant imagine not using this plug regularly.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-01-2010, 10:18 PM

Just wanted to chime in on the Soundtoys bundle. Demoed the v3 bundle last year and absolutely loved Filterfreak and Echoboy. Didn't have the loot until now. Demoed Decapitator and instantly needed it. Bought the v4 bundle today. I'm still learning the art of mixing and I mainly do small compositions with VIs. Have McDSP AC and Trash. The McDSP Saturation is very subtle and I'm still learning it. The tape emulation is great and I use it all the time. Have used trash mainly to dirty up some trumpets in my Vienna Special Edition library. But Decapitator.... this is a totally different beast. I find that I can get fatter sounds out of it compared to Trash. Trash is good too but when you start to "trash" the signal it kinda thins it out. Decapitator can smash the signal and still have a fatness to it. I'm no pro but I really like what I hear. It was hard to determine the sound of the plug when it was in beta because they didn't have an output knob so the loudness was throwing me off. But I trusted soundtoys and their quality from demoing v3. Wasn't even really interested in Panman but I was messing with it for a couple of hours earlier this evening and am really digging it.

I just wanted to share.. I'm pretty stoked about my purchase today. Tried to share with my girlfriend but she told me to go away... hehehhe I've been screaming "Decapitator!" all day long.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
I'm pretty stoked about my purchase today. Tried to share with my girlfriend but she told me to go away...
That is funny. . . and the rest of your post is getting me interested. I gotta get on it, and try it, but I need sleep. Thanks for the post.