Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 PM

Unhappy Feedback issue on my speakers to mbox 2 mini

Hello , I'm new to the Mbox, and pro-tools... I just got it installed on my windows 7 home pro 64bit machine after fresh installing and trying alot of different things about 40 times.. this forum helped me a massive bit. I am running this through my new laptop: I have a GXL2400 connected xlr to my mbox2mini and i have phantom power turned on (thanks instruction dvd), I have two BX5A M-Audio monitor speakers also to mbox2mini via trs cables .. I have a set of Shure headphones plugged into the front of the mbox2mini , and then I have my trs (or whatever) cable into my white acoustic washburn ... Please tell me if you need more information, im sorry im a newb.
So I watch half the DvD and i can hear the humming from the speakers but I still record the input 2 from my guitar onto one track because I figure its a setting.. when I press the arm record button its a steady red, or i can touch the metal and it goes lower (yea) also I noticed that the mic does not hum at all .. in fact i can speak into it and the monitor speakers respond perfectly.. so I thought it didnt have a feedback loop it would be the amp in the guitar, but I unplug the guitar and its just a lower feedback sound, like when i touch the metal... It seems only when i arm Input 2 on the mbox2mini that i get the loop.. ugh, I have a video of how i have connected everything that I recorded on my iphone ..

Anyways, thank you ahead of time.. Sorry for my grammar I've been stressing out for a couple days :) and im tired.

Thank you,
Shayword
Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Feedback issue on my speakers to mbox 2 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayword View Post
Hello , I'm new to the Mbox, and pro-tools... I just got it installed on my windows 7 home pro 64bit machine after fresh installing and trying alot of different things about 40 times.. this forum helped me a massive bit. I am running this through my new laptop: I have a GXL2400 connected xlr to my mbox2mini and i have phantom power turned on (thanks instruction dvd), I have two BX5A M-Audio monitor speakers also to mbox2mini via trs cables .. I have a set of Shure headphones plugged into the front of the mbox2mini , and then I have my trs (or whatever) cable into my white acoustic washburn ... Please tell me if you need more information, im sorry im a newb.
So I watch half the DvD and i can hear the humming from the speakers but I still record the input 2 from my guitar onto one track because I figure its a setting.. when I press the arm record button its a steady red, or i can touch the metal and it goes lower (yea) also I noticed that the mic does not hum at all .. in fact i can speak into it and the monitor speakers respond perfectly.. so I thought it didnt have a feedback loop it would be the amp in the guitar, but I unplug the guitar and its just a lower feedback sound, like when i touch the metal... It seems only when i arm Input 2 on the mbox2mini that i get the loop.. ugh, I have a video of how i have connected everything that I recorded on my iphone ..

Anyways, thank you ahead of time.. Sorry for my grammar I've been stressing out for a couple days :) and im tired.

Thank you,
Shayword

Have you used different speakers?
Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Feedback issue on my speakers to mbox 2 mini

That's probably a GROUND loop, not a feedback loop.