How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2011, 02:32 PM

Post Moving an AUX channel

Hey Guys,

I feel like I am missing something easy, but here is some info and then the question. I have setup 7 AUX sends that I am using for monitors. I am using a SC48 mixing FOH and monitors from the same console. I now have custom mixes going to each AUX send from each input channel. I have determined that I don't need one of the monitor mixes. In order to satisfy my quirkiness and achieve uniformity (future changes) I want to move the AUX channels down to where they are all together. I have tried on the output tab to copy the AUX channels and move them down, but it does not move the mixes that are coming to them. (I am not certain what is being copied.) Also, I have tried going to each channel itself, but it only allows me to copy the channel and not a send level for an indivdual AUX.

How do I copy the send levels for each channel being sent to an AUX channel and move those send levels to another AUX channel in the most efficient manner?

For a graphical explanation:
Current Setup -
Aux 10 -Gtr
Aux 11 - Keys
Aux 12 - Singer
Aux 13 - DSC
Aux 14 - Drums
Aux 15 - Percussion (REMOVE THIS MIX, drummer is fine w/ having same mix)
Aux 16 - Bass

Goal -
Aux 11 -Gtr
Aux 12 - Keys
Aux 13 - Singer
Aux 14 - DSC
Aux 15 - Drums
Aux 16 - Bass

Thank you for your help,

Brian
Old 07-07-2011, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Moving an AUX channel

From the D-Show manual page 97 (the process is the same):

To copy input assignments between busses:
1 Target the Aux bus that you want to be the destination of the copied assignments by selecting its on-screen channel strip.
2 Click the Input Assign pop-up menu at the bottom of the Members list, choose Replace With Mix From, then choose the Aux/Var Group bus whose assignments you want to copy to the currently selected bus.

Hope that helps,

Jim
Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Moving an AUX channel

Personally, I would consider leaving it as is and maybe move/copy 16 to 15, make it the new drum mix and rename 16 as SPARE(you know as soon as you think you won't need that mix again.....you WILL).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-07-2011, 10:32 PM

Smile Re: Moving an AUX channel

Thanks Jim for the help. I have used that same process before when moving VCA assignments and group assignments, but the "replace mix" phrase never clicked, until now.

I changed everything to the way I wanted it in about a minute, so quick fix and I learned something new.

Albee1952 - I normally wouldn't worry about it, but this isn't a one off show and others will be using the show-file when I can't mix, so best for me to suck it up and just fix it right before things get too complicated. =)

Brian