Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2015, 09:13 AM

Default MetaPlugin update - support for fxb/fxp, plus new 64-channel external routing tool

From the email I just received:

Quote:
Dear Metaplugin user,

a new version is waiting for you at http://www.ddmf.eu/register.html . If you have already applied the license file in a previous version, just download the installer and install the plugin; otherwise, download the license file too.
What's new? There's now fxb/fxp support for VST plugins, which means you can load such files via the "load" button of the plugin window. This should improve cross-DAW-functionality even more.
And: there's a new helper plugin, called SendIt... it can send and receive audio data on up to 64 channels (with one send/receive pair per channel). With this plugin you can, e.g., easily bring sidechain audio data into Metaplugin. Just load a send instance of SendIt on the track you want to send, and a corresponding receive unit in Metaplugin on another track. Under ProTools, you need to place one instance of Metaplugin with SendIt inside on the send track (instead of just the bare SendIt... SendIt is not available in AAX format, as it's not possible to load AAX plugins into Metaplugin).

I hope I have not confused you too much, just try it out and if you're happy or unhappy, I'm waiting for your feedback!

Cheers, Christian
So the new SendIt component opens up external sidechaining, and additional parallel processing opportunities. If you're unfamiliar with FXB and FXP files, they are patch settings (and banks) for VST plug-ins. This should allow parity between DAWs, as it is simple to export a FXB file from one and import into MetaPlugin.