Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2021, 08:56 AM

Default No Plugins

Hi its been a awhile.
Purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 to replaces my 002r.
Searched the board and I can't figure out how to make my plugins show up.

Supposedly I have licenses for Focusrite Red Bundle and some Softube plugins.
They all install fine and all show up on my ILOK manager (well the Softube ones do - not the Focusrite) - but none show up on "My Products" on the AVID my link or when I log into my account on the Avid website.

They all show up and function no problem on Logic X -

Any help would be appreciated - spent hours already on this.
Running a Mac Pro 2015 High Sierra 16gb memory

Thanks,
George

Last edited by 4tracker; 01-22-2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:46 AM

Default Re: No Plugins

Hi and Welcome,

Well PT First doesn’t work with any 3rd party plugins except for those purchased thru Avid Marketplace and website.

Afterall Pro Tools First is a free ”try out a few of the full version features” before you buy version.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-22-2021, 12:43 PM

Hi Christopher - thanks for getting back to me. I thought at least the Focusrite Red bundle that Focusrite includes with the Scarlett would work their website implies they go together. They give you a link for ProTools First as well

I'll ping their support and see if that's the case - not sure if anyone else of the forum has tackled this yet.

Here's the info from their site after you buy one the the Scarlett's..

...RED PLUGIN SUITE
With this software you can add those finishing touches to your mix. Red 2 is a classic equalizer which will allow you to shape your sound, Red 3 is a compressor which allows you to control the dynamic range of your audio recordings. Download the Red 2 & 3 Plugin Suite to add shape and punch to your sound. Please note that these plug-ins must be loaded from within your music software (e.g. Pro-Tools First, Live Lite 9) – they are not standalone applications.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:37 PM

Hi, i have the same Focusrite Plugin Suite incl. Addictive Keys and Eleven Effects, Eleven lite and they all show up in Pro Tools First. These Plugins come "Bundled" that means they have to work with Pro tools First.

Note, that not every Plugin must be shown in your ilok Account, because Pro Tools First uses a Machine based ilok. You can see the Pro Tools First Activation on your License Manager, but for instance ,i bought the First Air Instruments Bundle from the Marketplace and this don+t show up - but works fine:- )

Please make sure that you are connected to a stable Internet for the whole time you work with Pro Tools First. I some rare circumstances , when Web is down, the Plugins won't show and won't work. Otherwise it should work.

Maybe you have to install the Plugins once more, i know they work in Logic - but strange things can happen - especially with Pro Tools First

Best
Old 01-22-2021, 04:48 PM

Yeah they need to come bundled with the interface. Dont think they work with any focusrite purchase but we work in a different world so i can be wrong regarding the Red series but softube etc wont run unless they are purchased via Avid marketplace or Avid store. Only works in full version of PT..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-22-2021, 05:17 PM

Softube Time and Tone Bundle Plugins from the Focusrite Bundle work in Pro Tools First Focusrite Bundle. Thats a fact - they do it on my Mac Sytems since 5 Years. Believe it The Focusrite Red Compressor and Equalizer from the same Bundle do it aswell. Unfortunately Focusrite stopped the development for them as stated on their website. On my Pro Tools First 2020.9 they work.

Best
Old 01-23-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netmania View Post
Hi, i have the same Focusrite Plugin Suite incl. Addictive Keys and Eleven Effects, Eleven lite and they all show up in Pro Tools First. These Plugins come "Bundled" that means they have to work with Pro tools First.

Note, that not every Plugin must be shown in your ilok Account, because Pro Tools First uses a Machine based ilok. You can see the Pro Tools First Activation on your License Manager, but for instance ,i bought the First Air Instruments Bundle from the Marketplace and this don+t show up - but works fine:- )

Please make sure that you are connected to a stable Internet for the whole time you work with Pro Tools First. I some rare circumstances , when Web is down, the Plugins won't show and won't work. Otherwise it should work.

Maybe you have to install the Plugins once more, i know they work in Logic - but strange things can happen - especially with Pro Tools First

Best

Thanks for the response - I'll reinstall and try again - At first, I thought maybe the Focusrite Bundled Red plugins came with the Mac install when you got the link provided by Focusrite when you register your device. But it appears its the same link everyone can get when they want to down load PT first.
Anyway I'll keep trying and let you know.
George
Old 02-02-2021, 12:20 PM

Just on a coat-tail here. Will PT first allow Toontrack ez-drummer to work as it is an instrument? I want to hand out a laptop to a drummer to use ez drummer to create drum tracks that we add to the full PT version 12 in the studio. I did some research the indicated it may work in the windows version of PT first 2020.9.0.

Thanks for any help...
John