Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-27-2009, 01:08 AM

Arrow EWQL with PT8.0.3 on W7 64bit

Hi all,

For days I'm collecting and searching info on the EastWest/QuantumLeap VI Play. I'm very much looking foreward to get me the bundle Complete Composers Collection. There's an online store in the Netherlands where I can get this deal below 750 Euros. Still a lot of money so I dived into it and stumbled onto this thread here....

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=207026

Now, a lot seems to be changed but there are still some unknow variables for my situation. The Sounds Online site claims indeed now to support RTAS but in case for PT only for 32 bit XP and Vista, for 64 bit it says n/a.
First question is does n/a suggests it's comming ? or is this due to the fact PT can handle only 32 bit ?
Fact is that when I installed OmniSphere which is also 64, it came also with a 32 bit dll and PT loads just that.

Looking a bit more on the Sound Online site I saw a free edition is available. So I downloaded and installed all 3 parts, starting with the 64 bit msi. Cool, I have a StandAlone app as well and that works as a charm, however loading the VI in PT gave me the exact same gui but I could not click one button in it. So, that didn't work.

Ok, I removed the whole shabang and went to install the 32 bit msi. The interessting part of this was that there was no way to install a StandAlone version of this and somewhere almost in the end there was a failure in some copy function due to DIFxAPI that needed the 64 bit version of it. Nevertheless it seemed installed so I went out to try the VI in PT.... yay, it works.

I was thinking on getting the best of both worlds and copied the play_rtas.dpm and play_rtas.dpm.rsr. Uninstalled everything again, did the 64 bit installation again and placed the copied files back into the plugin folder...... What-do-you-know..... I got the 64 bit standalone now and also the 32 bit version as plugin in PT . (It can be seen in the 'About' box of the app)

I got the free edition running so I'm happy so far. BUT !!!
Was this a correct way to get it running as neither Digi or EWQL support this ?

Is anyone else having EWQL stuff and got it running on PT 8.0.3 W7 64bit ?

Any suggestions are most welcome before I throw 750 Euro's out of the window, or have to wait for 1...2....3....years for a working solution.

Thanks in advance

Regards, Luc
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Old 12-28-2009, 07:09 AM

Default Re: EWQL with PT8.0.3 on W7 64bit

I'm sure there are still issues with Windows 7 running EWQL....

I couldn't even get my EWQL SD2 Pro bundle to work in PT8 with Windows 7 32bit, let alone 64....

So long as even one music-making package remains shakey under Windows 7, I'll be staying with XP.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:29 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the reply....yeah I read left and right some bad stories
However, I just ordered it in. It was a too much of a nice deal (season special at that shop) to let it go. The free edition works so far pretty good and in case it fails to work right theres always still the possibility to rewire (or VST wrapper) untill both companies support W7 64.

Happy New Year
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Old 12-28-2009, 08:00 AM

and here :

http://www.soundsonline.com/updates.php

.... it does indicate Windows 7 compatible drivers (even 64bit) for at least the iLok device.

I may very well be wrong, but there are quite a few other Music-making marvels that don't yet run on Windows 7, so, no. Not for me.
Windows 7 has to be fully compatible with me and my studio, not the other way 'round.

Happy New Year to you too! :)
Old 12-28-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoRugMan View Post
it does indicate Windows 7 compatible drivers (even 64bit) for at least the iLok device.

Yeah, I noticed that....ain't it funny though ... I surely hope this update is not only due to the fact they included the new Pace drivers only hahaha. I guess not.

Well, in a few days I can tell you more. I just recieved confirmation the package will be delivered before the end of the year.

I can imagine a lot of people are not doing any new Windows 7, and 64 on top of that yet. Indeed a lot of issues going around still. Eventually they will be solved. After all, this is a hobby of mine and the old puter was a pain (4 tracks of structure or xPand and it died already) so had to build me a new one. All Microsoft licenses I had were OEM's coming with the old puter so when getting new it would be crazy to go for old ones and so taking the chance of something not working as it should be for a period of time or using workarounds (which there are plenty ebough for my kind of doings) is fine by me.