Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 08-30-2016, 09:07 PM

Default PT Asks To Enable Automation for Every VI Parameter When Copying Clip to Other Track

Hi All,

I'm having an issue working with VIs in Pro Tools 12.5.2 (non-HD, running on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, maybe someone can advise.

When working with virtual instruments (and other plugins) I often use the control-option-command-click shortcut to enable automation for all parameters so, for example, I can easily use the XY pads in Zebra2. However lately (and I do think this is a new issue) when I copy a MIDI clip from a Zebra2 instrument track where I have automation enabled to a different Zebra2 track where automation isn't enabled, Pro Tools gives me a pop-up dialog asking if I want to enable automation on the new track for the enabled parameters on the track from which I'm copying the clip. The options are only 'yes' or 'no' and there is no way to escape from the dialogue, which means I either have to sit there and click the mouse 200 times to tell it whether to enable each parameter or not or else force quit my session.

The work around is the only enable automation for the parameters I want to use so that when I copy I clip I only have to so yes or no to a few parameters. Not the end of the world but also defeats the ease of enable all and throwing the track into touch or latch and recording some automation. It would be great if there's a way to turn off this dialog box but so far I haven't found one. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks so much.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:37 PM

Default Re: PT Asks To Enable Automation for Every VI Parameter When Copying Clip to Other Tr

I've just recently enabled Plug-In Controls Default to Auto-Enabled in the preferences (mixing tab). That's one way.

Doesn't Option+clicking work as a "do to all" command in this scenario?
Old 08-30-2016, 11:52 PM

Default Re: PT Asks To Enable Automation for Every VI Parameter When Copying Clip to Other Tr

Yes and yes. Didn't realize the option-click thing work in pop-up dialogs. Thanks Stig!
Old 08-31-2016, 12:10 AM

You're welcome. Glad to help.