Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2000, 07:20 PM

Default MOV to AVI???

i'm a newbie whose partner e-mails me avi's which my mac OS9 recognizes and turns into quick time so that i can load it into protools and put my music to it. is there a software/shareware program that can convert the mov back to an avi without losing the SMPTE lock on the music?
i've heard if i upgrade my quicktime that it can convert mov's back to avi's but i'll lose the smpte lock. Is this true?
After i bounce to disk i can use the convert button to turn my music into a wave file. Could I e-mail my wave file back to my friend who has quicktime on his windows nt and could we sync up the music on the wave file and the avi that way? Would this work?
Old 05-14-2000, 06:48 PM

Default Re: MOV to AVI???

Get the full version of QT4. Make sure the bounced (aiff) audio file is the same length as the movie. Open the .mov, delete the audio track. Open the aiff mix, select all, then copy. Select the mov file, hold down the "option" key and select the edit menu "add". This will add the aiff to the mov. save the movie (self contained) with the new audio file. Open the new file and save as an avi.

Hope this helps.