Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2008, 07:06 PM

Default Boom

Anyone know if you can import your samples eventually into boom?

wade
Old 12-19-2008, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Boom

nope they want u to buy transfuser hope they change there mind
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litemup View Post
nope they want u to buy transfuser hope they change there mind
Just a bit of useless information, Pro Tools 8 supports Drag and Drop MIDI Regions and Region Groups directly to Transfuser.

filosofem
Old 12-24-2008, 10:40 AM

Does anyone else the inherent f'edupness of that? I feel this way about most of the plugins and instruments for all of these programs. They charge you hundreds of dollars for the program and then even more hundreds to use the plugins. Its not as though they have insane amounts of overhead to cover because people have to continue to build these plugins from scratch for each person. They craft a plugin, perfect it, and then sell it. I don't believe I'm alone in thinking that Digidesign and crew are a bunch of crooks. Crooks in the sense that they charge obscene amounts of money for these plugins just because they can
Old 12-24-2008, 11:33 AM

Hi!

Midi region and groups to transfuser is way cool! I hope they fix the big bugz soon.

I like boom. I was a little bummed there aren't any individual outputs, but it sounds great in music production. The presets are good and the interface allows me to do things like change the kick drum of a good pattern to match a different drum loop. Cool!

Rubicon

MP 2019 28 core, 384gb 8T
Old 12-25-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla View Post
Does anyone else the inherent f'edupness of that? I feel this way about most of the plugins and instruments for all of these programs. They charge you hundreds of dollars for the program and then even more hundreds to use the plugins. Its not as though they have insane amounts of overhead to cover because people have to continue to build these plugins from scratch for each person. They craft a plugin, perfect it, and then sell it. I don't believe I'm alone in thinking that Digidesign and crew are a bunch of crooks. Crooks in the sense that they charge obscene amounts of money for these plugins just because they can
What a strange rant...

I paid $250 for my PT8 HD upgrade, and with that I received a crapload of plugins, making the cost of Boom somewhere in the $10 range, maybe less (of course I have no idea what percentage of the total R&D was devoted to Boom, but it wasn't much). For $10, it's damn useful just as it is.

Where is the "hundreds of dollars" coming from? And what "more hundreds" would I need to spend in order to use it?

In fact, name one Digi plugin which falls under your guidelines.

And how could I forget -- LE is only $150, so that's what... about $5 for Boom??? Digi, you bastard crooks!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:32 AM

And when you look at third party plugins, they range usually from $300-500. Hybrid is $250. Transfuser is $295

I think those prices are fair. I personally think that the AIR instruments are the best things out there, and I switched to PT just to access them.

If you are looking for a drum sampler, try Reason or I'm sure there are cheaper RTAS alternatives. Or you could take the red pill, and get Transfuser. Then buckle up for a crazy ride!

cheers

AR
Old 12-25-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
What a strange rant...

I paid $250 for my PT8 HD upgrade, and with that I received a crapload of plugins, making the cost of Boom somewhere in the $10 range, maybe less (of course I have no idea what percentage of the total R&D was devoted to Boom, but it wasn't much). For $10, it's damn useful just as it is.

Where is the "hundreds of dollars" coming from? And what "more hundreds" would I need to spend in order to use it?

In fact, name one Digi plugin which falls under your guidelines.

And how could I forget -- LE is only $150, so that's what... about $5 for Boom??? Digi, you bastard crooks!!!
& logic cost $500 and you get an equivalent to everyting Digi sells and then some. What's your point?
I love PT but Digi is a cold blooded money making machine. He's frustrated because not only does he have to buy the hardware, but he has to buy the software upgrade, then he has to buy the sampler, then he has to buy the extras and when he buys the extras, Structure LE for example, its a half as program that only makes you want to buy Structure.
A lot of the things Digi sells are staples in common music production, staples that other programs come with as default. I love Digi, they make great products but they don't know much about customer appreciation.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:18 AM

Exclamation Re: Boom

Logic pro its the best.
I am using 102 tracks plus video track and many plugins and for 500 us (its the price only of strcture)you have Iccredible sampler,incredible Fender rhodes many synts and incredible interface.Thas digidesign plugins are to much expensives
Old 01-02-2009, 10:47 AM

I hope a boom update will allow import own samples + also have many more samples than it has today. Also more sounds per kit, not only 10.