Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2006, 02:54 PM

Default Converting Cubase files to Pro Tools files...

So I asked about this a while ago, and there was no easy way. I'm basically just checking in to see if there's an easy way now, as there have been a couple updates to the software since I last asked about it...

The story:
I'm a Cubase user. I have a friend who is a Pro Tools LE user. We're going to be working together on a few projects. My sound card is an M-Audio Delta 1010. I'm thinking of getting Pro Tools M-Powered so I can convert Cubase Projects to Pro Tools projects and send them to him.

Is there an easy way to do this? Does Pro Tools M-Powered import OMF files? I know Cubase exports OMF files, so maybe I could export an OMF file in Cubase, import it to Pro Tools M-Powered, and then save it as a Pro Tools file. Then I could just send him a Pro Tools file. And when he sends it back, I could do the reverse and get it back into Cubase. Or maybe even leave a few in Pro Tools format as I learn the software.

Anyone done anything like this before?

Also, is there a way to buy the latest version of Pro Tools M-Powered, or do I have to buy an old version and then pay for the upgrade?