Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-07-2006, 01:53 PM

Default Did I get charged too much???

Hi...
I have a question about pricing...
When you buy a digi-002 from an authorized dealer arent they all supposed to charge the same price? I thought it was one of those things that they want all the dealers to essentially charge the same price...
Cause I got charged with a digi-001 trade in $1595 for the 002 itself.
$5.00 shipping and handeling
$80.00 sales tax.

I could have swore that most places online say no taxes unles in the state of Washington. Im in Wisconsin.
Whats up did I get jacked by the sales tax?

Also they didnt want to give me one of the units they had in the back the asses wanted to special order it. So now i have to wait...
640GB(Mac) 640GB(Windows 7) 1TB(Audio Drive)
Digi-002 Factory and M-box
LE 8.0.3 (Mac) 8.0.3 (PC)
Old 07-07-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Did I get charged too much???

Im not sure on the sales tax part. But thats about right. Mostly no sales taxes for online. I thought because you dont live in the state.

As for getting ripped off, in a Market system, a seller can sell anything for whatever price they chose. Which gives us consumers to bargain shop and get the best deal.

As long as you got what you paid for, you should be happy. As in, are you happy with the 002?
If you felt ripped off, you should have not bought the thing. Personally, if they got some new boxes in the back, I would have said. "Screw You" for making me wait. You special order but give me a new freaking box now. And replace the one you giving me with your special order.

Not that you didn't get a good deal. As long as you happy, but....umm...it dont seem that way. Unless you making no money in the music business, I wont sweat a few hundred bucks.

But if its an expensive hobbie. Your move might have been the most stupiediest move in your part. No offense. But i would kick myself in the butt too if I made the same mistake without realizing it.
I dont know if your digidesign authorize dealer is the same as a reseller. But yes those asses didn't tell you diddly-wop. You snooze you lose, life sucks sometimes. But they will get their karma back someday. Personally, my salesperson I knew for a long time who I bought alot of stuff from, hooked me up with a brand new in-the-box Digi002R for $1050 which included tax. Back in Jan 2005. No trade in either. I was new to DAW's. Ok maybe you were charged a bit. Did it include the factory bundle? I felt ripped off back in day cuz I just wanted midi inputs. Then the mbox2 came out which I bought eventually. I didnt need to spend a $1000. But I moved on. I like both now.

Because why didn't you take advantage of the:

Turbocharged Pro Tools LE Exchange Program

Here's a pretty good deal for those that still are running the Digi001 and original Mbox to upgrade to a Digi002 or Digi002R. Additionally you get the $495.00 Music Production Toolkit for $250.00 of free if you get the factory package

Digidesign Announces Turbocharged Pro Tools LE Exchange Program
Now until August 30th owners of legacy Pro Tools® LE systems can trade-in their hardware for a Digi 002® Factory, Digi 002 Rack™ Factory, or Digi 002 Rack and get special exchange pricing, along with massive savings on the Music Production Toolkit worth up to $1,395 total!

Upgrade and Save
The Digidesign® Turbocharged Pro Tools LE Exchange Program enables you to exchange your legacy Mbox®, Digi 001®, or Digi ToolBox™ systems up to Digi 002 Factory, Digi 002 Rack Factory or Digi 002 Rack, systems at tremendous savings. As part of the deal, you also get the Music Production Toolkit—which offers an impressive set of plug-ins, up to 48 mono or stereo tracks, and extended Pro Tools® functionality—at a significant discount.

Discover Digi 002 and Digi 002 Rack
There are many reasons to upgrade to a Digi 002 or Digi 002 Rack. These FireWire-based interfaces offer more extensive I/O capabilities than their predecessors, and support for up to 96 kHz sample rates for high-definition recording. In addition, you’ll get the most recent version of Pro Tools LE™ 7 software, the Pro Tools Ignition Pack™ collection of creative applications and tools, and a wealth of Digidesign and Digidesign Developer Partner plug-ins. And with the additional savings on the bundled Music Production Toolkit, there’s never been a better time to upgrade.

Tap Into the Music Production Toolkit
The Digidesign Music Production Toolkit includes a full range of professional music tools that expand the creative power of your Pro Tools LE or Pro Tools M-Powered™ system.

Professional plug-ins for creating and producing music, worth more than $2,000

Digidesign Hybrid high-definition synthesizer

TL Space™ Native Edition convolution reverb

Smack!™ LE compressor/limiter

SoundReplacer™ drum replacement tool

DINR™ LE intelligent noise reduction tool

Multi-track Beat Detective™ rhythm analysis and correction tool

Up to 48 mono or stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz*

Pro Tools MP3 Option

Digi 001 Digi 002 Rack w/ Music Prod. Toolkit $1,045 50%off ($250) $745 Upgrade Now
The Turbocharged Pro Tools LE Exchange Program is a limited-time offer. Trade up before August 30, 2006 to take advantage of the special exchange pricing and discounts on the bundled Music Production Toolkit. For more information, contact your local Digidesign Authorized Reseller or Digidesign Telesales Department.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:

But if its an expensive hobbie. Your move might have been the most stupiediest move in your part. No offense. But i would kick myself in the butt too if I made the same mistake without realizing it
Why's it a stupid move? I went out and bought mbox 1 for my expensive hobby because it's my passion. God damn it, did the world forget music's not supposed to be about money? I haven't made a penny to myself, and since buying the mbox, the only income that ANYONE has gotten through me because of it is the Cancer society, as I donated my time to help some Silent Auction Bidder learn the basics and some advanced stuff about Pro Tools. That's up to $35, and will be a closed bid tomorrow.

So, an mbox that cost me roughly $700 (plus a full upgrade to Mac OS X Panther...) has only made $35 in the years I've used it, and I use it often still.

So why is buying something you want stupid? The only reason it might be stupid is he/she didn't shop around. Or maybe it's not their passion to work on music. If it's no fun AND you're not making money, then fine, that sucks. But if you just love it, LOVE IT. You buy paints for painting, you buy books for sketching, so you just have an expensive hobby. It doesn't need to be much more expensive than what you've got.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Why it's a stupid move?

Why are people so technical and take things so personal. It was not meant to offend little buddy. Isn't there more things to stress about then taking my "expensive hobbie" comment overboard? I have a right to an opinion as you are yours. But come on, whine about high gas prices or how wrong it was for those people that tried to carry out terrosim in Canada recently,instead of crying about a trivial comment. Cry about other woes.

Did you not even get the main picture what I was trying to say? First, I said it was not stupid as long.... AND I paraphrase, as long as you happy with the OO2 rack that you purchased. So you agreeing with me with what I said all along but still crying. Now relax.

I spent $30,000 -40,000 on recording tools, and yet to make a hit on the radio. It can be an expensive hobby. Why not? Moreover, i donated blood more than a dozen times hoping I helped a few cancer patients along the way. Plus I am a registered bone marrow donor hoping to help a cancer patient in dire need. Not that Cancer or these things have anything to do with the main theme of the original post.

What I say is stupid is paying $1595 to get a OO2R, when you could have gotten A OO2R PLUS $2000 worth of plug-ins for $1045. If you saw $2000 on the sidewalk, would you walk by it? NOT to mention the $550 difference.

Opps, you probably turn it in. Like I said....__________........lighten up little buddy.

People can make stupid purchases. I recently bought a camcorder for $1000 and a week later it was $200 less. If I waited a week I could have saved. I thought it was stupid. Opinion remember.

And dont use God's name in vain, thats more offensive then my "expenisive hobbie comment". And i thought music was relaxing for some people. Did the world forget the Second commandment? Or is religion not important no more? Now you got me being all technical....oh well....Now understand peoples position before you start yapping about something in which you actually agreeing with what someone said. And why the hell you not defending the customer? Who could have gotten a better deal and advice or at least a new freaking box that very day? Breath in, Breath out.

OO2R & Mbox2 owner
Old 07-07-2006, 07:54 PM

OH...I think youre mistaken on my post. I got the 002 factory. The one with the 8 fader control surface...not the rack. I paid 1595. which IS the price on the this(digidesign) site. Im just bitching about the extra sales tax I got nailed on. plus 5.00 for shipping.
640GB(Mac) 640GB(Windows 7) 1TB(Audio Drive)
Digi-002 Factory and M-box
LE 8.0.3 (Mac) 8.0.3 (PC)
Old 07-08-2006, 01:21 AM

If you ordered it from www.bayviewproaudio.com,
you should call them because the front page of their
website clearly says "no sales tax except WA State"
(bottom left). When I bought my 002 factory from them,
they told me all hardware upgrade 002s have to be shipped
directly from digidesign. It took about 2 weeks, I think.

Skip