Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2010, 06:39 AM

Default Delay Compensation, User offset negative

Hello, I take my mix via an analog summing so I have a processing delay of 86 samples @ 44.1Khz.
I've try to go on user offset to compensated that delay, no success. This feature only work in positif and I'm far from the limit of the auto compensation.
Also I've found also that processing time, via analog, change from session to session. I use a clap sound start in front of each take (versions) so I can re-align those version with all tracks.
Anybody found another way because I have not always the time to do this and it' easy to select all audio track and offset them and bypass that offset?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Delay Compensation, User offset negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLoc View Post
Hello, I take my mix via an analog summing so I have a processing delay of 86 samples @ 44.1Khz. For a normal session , 96 voice, I have 2332 sample. then to compare with another mix version, it's a big delay.
I've try to go on user offset to compensated that delay, no success. This feature only work in positif and I'm far from the limit of the auto compensation.
Also I've found also that processing time, via analog, change from session to session. I use a clap sound start in front of each take (versions) so I can re-align those version with all tracks.
Anybody found another way because I have not always the time to do this and it' easy to select all audio track and offset them and bypass that offset?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 05:22 PM

Hello,

I am not sure I understand everything you say, but I will try...

Quote:
I've try to go on user offset to compensated that delay, no success.
Do you mean the user offset in HARDWARE SETUP, or do you mean on the mixer woindow? The hardware offset will only affect your recordings. The number you can enter on each track in your mixer window will affect playback. You must turn on the Delay Compensation feature, in PLAYBACK ENGINE setup screen, and also in the OPERATIONS pulldown menu, or else there is no compensation.

Quote:
This feature only work in positif
Yes, ADC (Automatic Delay Compensation) only works one direction.
Quote:
Also I've found also that processing time, via analog, change from session to session
Yes, different plugins or different session sample rate can change delay. If ADC is actually turned on (as I say above), it is supposed to compensate so long as the total amount of compensation does not exceed the HARDWARE SETUP limit.

Quote:
For a normal session , 96 voice, I have 2332 sample
This is because of your plugins. At least one of them has nearly that many samples of delay. Take out the plugins and the delay time will get much shorter. I think maybe you do not have ADC turned on.

Did this help?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 AM

I am not sure I understand everything you say, but I will try...

Sorry but I know all this but I'm trying to found a solution to be able to compare the current mix with a previous, like on a normal desk... make A/B check. It's only possible if you are NOT in input on the master track (the one you print your mix, I have some plug in there also), then on previous mix track you can insert a neg offset, in my case 2332 sample.
The point also is to make stems, so they can be align to the original tracks.
The only solution I've found is to put a clap @ the front and print it with the stems.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:18 AM

No not hardware setup

Sorry but I know all this but I'm trying to found a solution to be able to compare the current mix with a previous, like on a normal desk... make A/B check. It's only possible if you are NOT in input on the master track (the one you print your mix, I have some plug in there also), then on previous mix track you can insert a neg offset, in my case 2332 sample.
The point also is to make stems, so they can be align to the original tracks.
The only solution I've found is to put a clap @ the front and print it with the stems.[/QUOTE]