Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-25-2010, 05:23 PM

Default Re: How to Activate PTS9?

Do you have a iLok account and have you entered that information in line #1? (not your MY AVID account name)

Line#3 is your 002's serial number E.G. TBxxxxxxxG

Sorry your having issue. I did two upgrades and they both went smoothly.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-25-2010, 10:37 PM

Thumbs down Re: How to Activate PTS9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Do you have a iLok account and have you entered that information in line #1? (not your MY AVID account name)

Line#3 is your 002's serial number E.G. TBxxxxxxxG

Sorry your having issue. I did two upgrades and they both went smoothly.
Yes! my serial start with TB and ends with G, As I explained I got stuck at 3 of the activation card, where I need to include my Digi002 serial, however the site do not want to except my serial of my Digi002 Desk........It is even Registered on my Avid account As my 002 LE factory SW Pack
Old 11-25-2010, 11:02 PM

Thumbs down Re: How to Activate PTS9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Yes I have an ilok account.......
On the ilok account one cannot enter your Activation card code, it seems it looking for digit numbers only, which is why I think one have to go through the whole Avid account thing then the key will be send to you ilok account to download.

Now because my Digi002 serial is not excepted I am just stuck not be able to go through......

I am not stuck at #1 as you quoted here I am stuck at #3 on the PTS9 card.......on Serial Number of qualifying hardware:

Just want to recap:

On the activation page: https://account.avid.com/index.cfm?navid=579
Activate & Download Your Product

Enter your activation and/or download code:

Is this the activation code on the PTS9 card?

Which did.......

1. Ilok ID
Your hardware interface
Serial Number of qualifying hardware:

Here is where I am stuck, at 3., because my serial on my Digi002 is not excepted.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:28 PM

I was just asking because there have been instances of people trying to enter their My Avid info in box#1 not knowing they needed an existing iLok account name before starting the process. Just verifying that you indeed were putting the right information there. Sounds like you doing everything right. Hopefully there will be some one from Avid around to help you out tomorrow.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-26-2010, 04:12 AM

Question Re: How to Activate PTS9?

I got it sorted man I am happy!!!!!

iLok.com suggested to me to reset my user ID, I thought it is not that because the Avid site explains serial in correct.

Well I though what do I have to lose and I did reset the iLok user Id and that seems to be the issue.

What's really bizarre is that why did Avid site say serial instead of iLok user ID issue?

If the site show the correct information, if it did! show and or explain the correct info I would have picked up on that it is a iLok user ID issue that was the problem and not a serial like the site explained to me.

AVID PLEASE! fix these issues on your web page, your web page it not very well designed........
Old 11-26-2010, 11:12 AM

sunburst79 thanks for helping out, you are so patient. I will use that as an example in the future when I want to help someone out.

It is difficult when someone comes on here with a problem and they are red lettering, capital lettering and screaming and calling Avid as bad as the previous support they were getting. Why help someone out who is like a 2 year old layng on their back kicking their heels on the carpet and screaming?!!! I don't get paid to do customer support and if I did and had this kind of adult on the phone I would hang up on them!

I've seen that almost every one of these 'I can't....' situations are always because one thing is not understood or being done by the operator/user.

I do agree with andre67 in his suggestion to Avid technical writers to change the wording if it can say ... iLok register... where it just says '... serial number of qualifying hardware..'.

Again, good patience and it is good to show that the community is willing to help others, beginners, inexperienced users of the software, hardware.

Charles
Old 11-26-2010, 04:22 PM

Exclamation Re: How to Activate PTS9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboyer1951 View Post
sunburst79 thanks for helping out, you are so patient. I will use that as an example in the future when I want to help someone out.

It is difficult when someone comes on here with a problem and they are red lettering, capital lettering and screaming and calling Avid as bad as the previous support they were getting. Why help someone out who is like a 2 year old layng on their back kicking their heels on the carpet and screaming?!!! I don't get paid to do customer support and if I did and had this kind of adult on the phone I would hang up on them!
It really amazing how someone that is not in this boat so to speak would think, of battling for days, with some very small issue and not be able to run your newly purchase PTS9 with NO! help from Avid would be patient. Dude put you in my shoes would you really be patient, or be better at it?..........I have receive NO! support I had to figure out what the cause is, and why I can't get my iLok key from the Avid site. Only to discover the web site is given me and or quoting me the wrong info, hence the fact I battled for days, without getting my PTS9 to run if I do not get my key
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboyer1951 View Post
Your remark about "kicking their heels on the carpet", I find this really funny how you could comment on another persons issues without knowing the facts. The just a few lines would agree with me on some points.

I've seen that almost every one of these 'I can't....' situations are always because one thing is not understood or being done by the operator/user.

I do agree with andre67 in his suggestion to Avid technical writers to change the wording if it can say ... iLok register... where it just says '... serial number of qualifying hardware..'.

Again, good patience and it is good to show that the community is willing to help others, beginners, inexperienced users of the software, hardware.

Charles
About not wanting to give support to a person like me, well I did not ask you for support did I?.........My post makes it clear here this is intended for Avid support, NOT users. If it was that you could offer support then why are you complaining about me not having the right amount of patients. How much patients should one have according to you?......2..3..5.....7....10 days?.............weeks? Please tell me?
This issue can't be sorted by a user, it is Up to Avid to get sorted, even the previous user checked with me to make sure I have followed the correct steps, and you still quote about stuff you seem to not understand clearly. Why did you not follow his nice way, however you come here with you snotty remarks and insults. If you of no help why would you want to post here?............do you have other motives maybe?

Your quote: Everyone of these???????........you do not know me from a bar of soap and yet you find it easy to insult me. This directly goes to your character dude, why is that the people that really have nothing to offer would reply on a post like this one????? Bizarre.........you have nothing to offer and yet you say allot.

If you read correctly and it looks like you understand by quote me and agreeing with me to some agree, would quote the operator/user, you clearly not getting the point, contradicting your self, by agreeing and blaming the user.......how bizarre....

Man......dude Good patients : what would be your good patients.....DAYS........or weeks?..........months?......please explain?

If you then this model of perfect patients then WHY do YOU!!!!! not show some with me here???????
Is this patients not both ways?????????

OR does this only apply on the person that posts here???

How did you help me?.........by complaining about my lack of patients??

What has this issue of mine got to do with inexperienced users of the software, hardware.????

The focus is on PTS9 Activation, and a serious sequence of issues blocked me from getting a smooth Activation from the Avid site.

Days on activation???????......you can't be serious dude....how long should an activation take by your standards????.........quote me days or months or whatsoever..........How long should I have been patient???........an exceptable amount by your standards?
Old 11-26-2010, 05:44 PM

andre67;

Seriously I am glad that you got your issue fixed and that you are now able to use your software and to dig into it.

I do know that there are so many who are willing to help here (users on this forum) who have years of experience. I personally love that they have the ability to dig in and help.

Good skill on your recordings and mixes and experiences with PT.

Charles
Old 12-03-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre67 View Post
I got it sorted man I am happy!!!!!

iLok.com suggested to me to reset my user ID, I thought it is not that because the Avid site explains serial in correct.

Well I though what do I have to lose and I did reset the iLok user Id and that seems to be the issue.

What's really bizarre is that why did Avid site say serial instead of iLok user ID issue?

If the site show the correct information, if it did! show and or explain the correct info I would have picked up on that it is a iLok user ID issue that was the problem and not a serial like the site explained to me.

AVID PLEASE! fix these issues on your web page, your web page it not very well designed........
I am having the EXACT same error. How did you go about resetting your iLok user ID. From what I have found in their support section, resetting the user ID was not possible.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Hill View Post
I am having the EXACT same error. How did you go about resetting your iLok user ID. From what I have found in their support section, resetting the user ID was not possible.

Thanks!
There is no way to reset your user ID.

Are you sure that your are typing in the correct information?

It must be the iLok user ID name that you use to log in to your iLok account.

The number must be the physical hardware ID on the back of your LE device. If you bought your device second hand, that could lead to an issue, too.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515