Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 07-30-2016, 11:39 PM

Default Protools M-Powered-signal in but no audio on Playback.

My system is a Mac OS 10.6.8 - Intel Core i5 /2.4 GHz - 4 GB Memory -
I'm using ProTools M-powered on M-Audio Fast Track Recording Studio bought in 2009. I have never used it until tonight and everything works as far as - I can see signal going into the mixer and see the waveforms on the tracks. But on Playback there is no sound coming out.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Protools M-Powered-signal in but no audio on Playback.

I am having a similar problem. I just converted my Pro Tools 8 M-Powered setup from Windows to a MacPro. I am running os X 10.6.8 on a box with a 2.66 GHz dual core Xeon processor and 32 GB of Ram. Installed PT 8 directly from the disc. Updated to 8.0.3 then to 8.0.5 (as recommended by the Avid site). Installed latest driver for the M-Audio ProjectMix I/O that I just bought to upgrade from the Fast Track Ultra (Firewire_OSX_1_10_5.dmg). The PT software recognizes the ProjectMix, and all digital functions seem to be working properly. I can make panning adjustments on the ProjectMix and they show up in the PT software. Likewise, I can make adjustments in the software (like creating a new track) and it shows up on the ProjectMix. The problem is that I cannot get the ProjectMix to recognize any inputs from analog signals AND the ProjectMix will not produce any audible sound on the back end. I have tried every output and every input. The PM I/O control panel software that came with the driver shows an audio signal being delivered to the Main outputs and to both headphone outputs, but there is no sound from either.

Another strange thing is that the PM will recognize MIDI input and actually write it to the PT software. It just will not allow me to "turn on" any of the 8 inputs to receive a signal. I have spent three days trying to figure this thing out. I really would like to be able to use the ProjectMix. The functions it has on board would be so much nicer than mousing it all day with my old Fast Track.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:58 AM

Do you have the Project Mix set up as your IO in the Pro Tools IO Setup window? Do you have the physical output you're using on the PMIO set as the default output?

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 08-26-2016, 08:43 AM

I don't know about kabcio, but I definitely have the Pro Tools I/Os set properly. I have been using this version of PT for about 8 years, so I am fairly familiar with the DAW itself. I'm not sure what you are asking about setting the "physical output on the PMIO"? If there is a physical setting that must be done on the PM itself, I may be missing something. I do, however, have the I/Os assigned properly in the PM Control Panel software that is part of the driver download. However, my PM did not come with the original CD software, so I do not have the separate software that appears like a digital version of the PM itself. I have read that there are settings adjustments that can only be made by the use of that software (such as doing a firmware update). If there are I/O controls in that software, I don't have access to them.

I did combine the use of the PM with my old Fast Track Ultra, with the PM as a workstation control and the FTU as the audio interface, and I can at least use my system that way. But, that makes it even more clear to me that everything on the digital side of the PM is functioning properly, but nothing on the analog side is functioning. That being said, it makes me believe that it is a Mac setting that is giving me the trouble, not a PT or PM setting... OR there is a problem with the analog hardware in the PM itself???
Old 08-26-2016, 11:09 AM

Hey Buddy

64bit OSX 10.6.8 :
http://m-audio.com/support/drivers-search

Or if you run a 32 bit system then use the below installer.

Here is the PMIO software download for your OSX 10.6.8 32bit :
http://m-audio.com/support/drivers-search

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-26-2016, 05:56 PM

Thanks, but as for me... I already have downloaded that driver (FireWire OSX 1.10.5) for the ProjectMix from that site. Still no audio. I also tried the 1.10.3 driver as well. No luck. System simply does not recognize anything analog to or from the Projectmix.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:32 PM

Hi- I have the same issue. I cannot get output and need to know what's wrong. Can see tracks playing but no sound comes out. Looking at i/o appears right. How can I tell? So frustrating have been working on this for days.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:27 AM

Im running pro tools m powered 8.0.5 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 snow leopard
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/ 4 GB memory
Hardware: Apollo Firewire interface / M- Audio Profire 2626 interface.

I recently upgraded to a new Apollo interface and I cant get pro tools to recognize the hardware. I backed up and deleted my drive to get back to Snow Leopard and reinstalled all software, new drivers, etc. In order for M-powered PT to work it needs to be connected to M-audio hardware. So I have the profire 2626 going firewire to the apollo and the apollo firewire into my computer. In PT "playback engine" it will not detect my Apollo hardware being there. My mac recognizes it and allows me to use it as output source in System preferences>sound...But I cant get it to connect in PT. What Ive gathered so far is that I need to change my playback engine and I/O settings to use Apollo in PT and I cant because it wont recognize it.

Can anyone help???

thanks
g
Old 05-05-2017, 11:50 AM

I'd recommend connecting the Apollo to the 2626 using ADAT and not connect it with firewire until you're ready to upgrade to a newer version of Pro Tools that doesn't require the interface to be an M-Audio.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM