Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 AM

Default Audacity Sound, Reaper Sound, Pro Tools NO SOUND

I have the ASIO configuration setup in the control panel using input and output to the mbox. Works just fine with that setup in Reaper. With Audacity I don't see that ASIO control panel, but I do see its output to MME - which is different than Reaper - but never the less works.

I don't see any options in pro tool 10 so send sound to something other than the ASIO driver for the mbox.

I had a similar issue with Cubase and it was some button I had to enable. I've looked all over pro tools and I can't find the similar button.

The fact that reaper is using the mbox tells me pro tools should as well. I see signal levels in protools for recording and during playback - just no sound out of the speakers.

My cubase setup I no longer have and it was in Xp. My current setup is windows 7, pro tools 10 and mbox 1. I have a driver that works from
https://www.usb-audio.com/get-the-driver.asp and you can check out the demo here http://www.usb-audio.com/download.html...beep every 30 seconds. There is also asio4all driver - google asio4all - if you want to check it out.

Anyway is protools having a problem with the first gen mbox? Or is there some button like cubase I need to enable.