Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2012, 06:22 PM

Talking Avid request / cool idea for PT 11 and beyond...

I've been working in PT 8 & 10HD and it occurred to me how painful it can be when you run out of processing power (with some labor intensive plugins) or space for plugins on inserts. Of course there is the audiosuite so you can commit to processing, but you then have to go through the rigor of saving a preset, and then loading that up again in audiosuite - who can be bothered in a busy session?

I'd love it if I could just alt/option+click and drag the inserts onto my actual audio tracks (and have the option of selecting which ones, if there are many segments, that I want to effect).

Just drag and drop the plugins you know you are going to keep directly onto your audio tracks, to free up inserts, and a bit more processing power. Hopefully, save time too.

An unlimited undo feature on each clip would be handy too. Hope you are listening Avid!

Kind regards,
Dan
Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Avid request / cool idea for PT 11 and beyond...

Not sure how that would work, but what about a button in the plugin to convert to AS and render?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-15-2012, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Avid request / cool idea for PT 11 and beyond...

That could work too. I was envisaging making all my settings on the plugin on the insert slot and then something like drag-and-drop onto the track, dialog box pops up like "Render To All Clips" or "Render To Selected Clips" (make individual clip selection, click render after that). This could be a tick box in Preferences so you don't always get the dialog popping up.

Mind you, if it's on an insert point, you are probably going to want that on the whole track, including any automation too. Then you have the option to take it off the insert point to free up CPU, etc.

Obviously, you would have to render out the first insert point and then each subsequent one, so as not to change the relationship of the insert order.

Not overly fussed if there is no unlimited undo option, just so long as there is one step back as there is in AS.