Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-05-2019, 02:32 PM

Default Steinberg > Eucon. A timeline to nowhere

Hi Eddie, Just though I'd post theses responses fro Steinberg regarding Eucon updates.

Will it ever happen? Or will users be denied using these avid surfaces to their full potential?

What you think?

Avid Timeline.

10 July 2016, Guillermo (support forum) wrote:
"We have already implemented the "Mixer mirror" feature/option but cannot be delivered on the current EuCon(version 2) adapter."

"We are waiting for the delivery of the next EuCon(version 3) adapter. As soon as we support EuCon 3, this functionality (mixer mirror/track visibility) will be available & usable"

25 March 2018 Oscar (support email) wrote:
"Developers are working on it and some problem with Eucon's devices should be solved with the next update or the second update from now,

16 September 2019 Oscar (support email) wrote
"I would confirm once time again Steinberg is interested in finding a solution to this problem and our departments are working on in order to understand this issue. However, as you know EuCon is owned by Avid and we do not have any access to EuCon directly and we have only the access our integration part.*
These limitations are slowing all the bugfix procedure down. I am sorry about it"
Old 10-06-2019, 07:03 AM
Avid

Default Re: Steinberg > Eucon. A timeline to nowhere

They haven't reached out to us to discuss these issues. Due to the S1 we are currently in talks with them so I'll pass this on.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:28 PM

Hi Eddie.

It must be quite frustrating for you trying to help resolve Steinberg users having particular problems with advanced functions, but as you can see from the timeline i posted , nearly five years is way out of order and seemingly using Avid as a scapegoat. Connsiding the differing answers over the last four or more years, you can fully appreciate the frustration due to this ongoing charade.

The problems to date give so little to encourage artist users thinking of a upgrade to a new controller at quite an investment, especially if core features such as mix control views are not working and could lead to a flood of 2nd user surfaces reaching the market with many potential interested users being apprehensive about taking units that don't quite work properly, causing prices to drop on auction sites, not an ideal position for user or the companies involved.

Maybe you could report back on any thing you hear, if your able, any encouragement that will help users keep the artist series and get the full functionality whils waiting for potential upgrades, S1, S3 etc.

We all very much appreciate the time you take to help artist series surfaces.

Thank you!

Last edited by Timebandit2; 10-06-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:49 AM

I'm buying an S6 that will fit in alongside a S5 for our new Atmos studio. I must say that I'm quite concerned about Eucon with Nuendo in the long run. I'd like to hear that the two companies are trying to sort things out proactively.

Steven Ghouti, Re-recording Mixer, Yellow Cab Studios

The studio FB page
Old 10-08-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
They haven't reached out to us to discuss these issues. Due to the S1 we are currently in talks with them so I'll pass this on.
Any nudging of Steinberg to prioritize Eucon enhancements would be very welcome by Cubase+Eucon users. There are a few active threads on the lack of Steinberg response on the first page of the Cubase 10 forums. Apparently Steinberg support has been talking about a Eucon update for quite some time with no public movement.

Users really want to see integration improved, at least when it comes to not displaying hidden channels. Here are the threads in question:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...f=283&t=147640

and

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...f=283&t=163154
Old 10-09-2019, 08:01 AM
Avid

Thanks I forwarded these to our guy at Steinberg and they are looking into them.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:30 AM

Thank you Eddie, much appreciated!
Hopefully they'll listen to their community!
I've bought an Avid Artist Mix a few months ago, I love it, but I can't solo a track for instance in Cubase 10; mute buttons (on) work, but solo won't do anything; which is a shame at that price range, and knowing that it's a simple/basic command.

I would love considering buying a S1 later, but if this function doesn't work on an Artist Mix, it's kinda scary to do the jump, if Steinberg don't update their Eucon version inside Cubase anytime soon.