How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM

Default Re: VSL strings, Kontakt, M5v2

Hehe!

Great comments, Phil. I think we can help steer AIR in the right direction. They have most of it right and are dang close to perfecting their VI's.

If you read the communication from air and watch their videos, you should be convinced that this is who should build our VI's.

I never want to hear from NI or Motu ever again. They had ten years to get it together and all they did was try and suck cash from us.

Even just yesterday when I put RMX into a session I had to lower the processor count! Who are they kidding? Updates? Forget it! I need to work!

Will I ever buy Omnisphere? Never! Just layer some bubbly expand patch over Hybrid!

The revolution is over! Air has won!

+1 for Strike Drum Sets
+1 for Air Structure Libraries
+1 for stability fixes.

Rubicon

MP 2019 28 core, 384gb 8T
Old 01-14-2009, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Mach Five 2.02 and Pro Tools

Thank you very much Phil !

Great and precise reply…
Old 01-16-2009, 06:05 AM

hi if you put your mach5 2 on a audio track it works
try it
Old 01-16-2009, 07:58 AM

Let Mach 5 die a peaceful death... RIP motu.

MP 2019 28 core, 384gb 8T
Old 01-16-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonoki View Post
hi if you put your mach5 2 on a audio track it works
try it
Thanks for the tip, how did you find it ?

I'm not at home, I'm going to try it within few days…
Old 01-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Banned

Guys; don't throw away everything just yet..............

Fxpansion VST wrapper 2.1 might solve your problems. Just wrap the VST plug of Mach 5, Kontakt 3 or whatever else doesnt work. From what I understand this program works very well; it's a temporary solution till everything gets worked out with the rtas versions and PT8.

If fxpansion suddenly stops working then everyone should get into an uproar and protest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Do you know how it works ?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 AM

I, too, have had issues with MachFive 2 and PT8. I just upgraded my entire system and was thorough in making sure all my plugs were up to date but M52 was not even on the plug-ins list as a yes or no... when I loaded it up I kept getting 9128 and 6031 errors... even when I created a session, created a single stereo instrument track and pressed play with no midi data it would lock up after about 3 seconds giving me a CPU usage error.
The quick-fix workaround was for me to reduce the number of processors in use by 1 (a solution I found on these forums). I was also told Battery 3 isn't compatible.

I just bought MachFive about 6 months ago so I'm disappointed to read I may not be able to use it for a long time. I tried Structure Free and very much disliked it so I am not in the mindset to run out and buy the full version. MachFive was the choice for me because of its ability to drag from the edit window into the mapping editor. Plus I tried Kontakt (very cpu hungry), PlugSound Pro (crashed frequently and poor support) and the UVI Workstation which was still in beta. It gets expensive to move through these soft samplers, ya know?

Does anyone know what the official word on future compatibility is from Native Instruments (for Battery) or MOTU?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:39 AM

Here's a link to Native Instruments talking about their plugins and current support for 10.5.5/ProTools 8

http://www.native-instruments.de/ind...s&tsr_id=59574

I couldn't find anything on MOTU's website.

Sound Design/VO
http://noisefreak.com
Old 01-25-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFLZ View Post
I tried Structure Free and very much disliked it so I am not in the mindset to run out and buy the full version. MachFive was the choice for me because of its ability to drag from the edit window into the mapping editor.
Although AIR/Digi are hoping that Structure FREE/LE users may upgrade to full, FREE is a very different beast from Structure, so sometimes using FREE may actually put people off.

You can drag from the browser/workspace/timeline straight into Structure. Furthermore if you drag from the browser Structure will map automatically using several different options, so very powerful. You can see Brian C demonstrating it here http://airvirtualinstruments.blogspo...2-ways-to.html

I am a reformed Mach V and Kontakt user and I wouldn't go back. Download the demo and have a play http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...76&itemid=5142

Founder of the Expert Sites.