Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 12-17-2003, 06:17 AM

Default M-Box to Pro Tools TDM / HD compatibility ?

Just finished reading the John Mayer article in DigiZine, and this brought me to wonder, just how compatible is the M-Box to a full blown TDM HD1 workstation.

The company I work for is currently working on approval of the purchase of the HD1, and we have a second engineer who would benefit from using Pro Tools LE day in and day out. If simply for the methods and techniques of using pro tools. On my days off, he generally fills in for me using my DAW.

Now, just how much could be used from M-Box / LE ? We use a SAN at work currently and are quickly moving to a UNITY server for Avid and ProTools. Would we be able to exchange audio files and EDL's / Session Files between the HD and LE systems?

What is the native audio file format of a Pro Tools audio file anyhow. The workstation we will be ordering is going to be Windows based if that makes a difference.

thanks in advance for all the info.

Kyle

Home of the 2004 NBA Champion Detroit Pistons
Old 12-17-2003, 08:15 AM

Default Re: M-Box to Pro Tools TDM / HD compatibility ?

Didn't read the article but to answer one question,
native audio for HD is .WAV and SDII for LE. You can always set up templates w/ specified file formats etc.
One thought is to swap via FW drive. Use the Mbox for off line editing, clean up and AS processing.
my .02