How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2017, 07:30 PM

Default New Setup | Issue with selecting Digi 003 as Input Device in Pro Tools

Hi All,

Just kicking this off but I can provide screenshots and more info tonight.

Recently set up a Z210 Workstation (Win 7 Ultimate 64 w/ Service Pack 2), with a Digi 003 connecting to a Startech card via Firewire. Connected to the Digi 003 is an Octopre Platinum via optical.

I'm considering ordering an Asus Xonar PCIE card with optical input to help with troubleshooting this issue.

The issue currently is that Pro Tools won't let me select Digi 003 as an input device, only a Playback Device.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:52 PM

Default Re: New Setup | Issue with selecting Digi 003 as Input Device in Pro Tools

That's okay, you don't need to select it as your input device. Everything will work properly without that.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Pro Tools Studio
www.studioaix.fr
Old 01-11-2017, 02:37 AM

Default Re: New Setup | Issue with selecting Digi 003 as Input Device in Pro Tools

One of the things I was troubleshooting, with Digi 003 selected as playback device, was where I would connect a headphone to in order to hear the recording but even starting with just the click!

Initially, with the headphone currently plugged into the PC, along with Digi 003 selected as playback device, I couldn't hear the click!

So what I assumed / understood from your response is that I can simply plug all I/O to the Digi 003 + Octopre.. and works! Just need to fully test recording and playback now.

Many thanks! (Feel free to provide any additional input)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismeraz View Post
That's okay, you don't need to select it as your input device. Everything will work properly without that.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk