Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-29-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Why is track metering now so different?!?! ar

It's funny, when Digi removed the ability to undo during record [pt5.1], I was the only one who complained...and it has been restored.

Now I'm chiming in for the old auto-input feature that is now missing. Let's see if my lucky rabbits foot works again.
Digi, please give us back the ability to view input signals before recording. I guess I could look at my mic pre meters, but I like it the old way.

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:31 AM

Bump..... I found the ability to meter the input when playing back was ever so useful and it's very annoying that it doesn't anymore. This one definitely gets my vote.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Bump..... I found the ability to meter the input when playing back was ever so useful and it's very annoying that it doesn't anymore. This one definitely gets my vote.
This change was made back in Pro Tools 5.3.1 to make Pro Tools operate more like a traditional recording deck.

Ironically, what was previously a metering "design limitation" that annoyed many users ended up being adopted by some of them.

Any changes back would have to include a preference. I can't promise if or when it can be done, but I'll look into the possibility.

Danny Caccavo
Digidesign
Old 07-03-2004, 07:20 PM

Quote:
This change was made back in Pro Tools 5.3.1 to make Pro Tools operate more like a traditional recording deck.

Ironically, what was previously a metering "design limitation" that annoyed many users ended up being adopted by some of them.

Any changes back would have to include a preference. I can't promise if or when it can be done, but I'll look into the possibility.

Thanks Danny, for acknowledging the issue and for keeping up with the thread. I only hope we will see it back as a preference at a later date.

thanks
MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•
Old 07-17-2004, 12:16 PM

LIMIT ME!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2004, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Danny, for acknowledging the issue and for keeping up with the thread. I only hope we will see it back as a preference at a later date.

thanks
MT

Still waiting for more information onthe status of this issue. I too was shocked when I learned of this change when I upgraded to 6.1. It drove me crazy in a couple of sessions.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:24 PM

Yeah, the more and more I work with this "fixed" way of metering, the more i miss the old way. Its really hurting my sessions! I dont look like Mr slick engineer now, knowing when to stop playback if the singer is talking to me froma darkened booth.

Pllllleeeasse try to add this back in a future release!
thanks
MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•
Old 08-08-2004, 07:36 AM

Gee, I thought it was me being too lazy to try and find out why I couldn't "see" the artist performong anymore?! I have been catching whiplash looking over to my preamp or up at my compressor to see signal!!
Do you think digi will compensate me for carpal tunnel of the neck?!?
Thx for bringing this up MT and ty digi for actually chiming in!!