Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Plugin Crackling Noise when adjusting parameters

Does anybody else experience crackling noise when adjusting parameters in plugin windows? I've talked to one other person who has. I have tried increasing buffers, but really my processor is not being strained at all anyway. It seems to happen with all plugins (When the plugin windows are not open there is no noise, so luckily it doesn't happen when bouncing down, but hearing while mixing is really starting to bother me. Thanks in advance for any help!

PT 6.9.2
dual 2.3 G5, 512ram
37GB 10K RPM audio drive
OSX tiger 10.4.2
Old 03-07-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Plugin Crackling Noise when adjusting parameters

What plug-in's are you having this problem with?

If you are using a delay plug-in there is not really anything that you can do to avoid artifacts when adjusting the delay time.
Using the LPF can tame it a bit though.

Same goes with reverb plug in's.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Plugin Crackling Noise when adjusting paramete

hey dmm. Thanks for your response.
It happens with all plugins. The ones I use the most are elemental audio 'equim' and the 'neodynium' (awesome plugins by the way)
I noticed it also happens even on the EQIII, and other plugins that come with pro tools LE. Any Ideas? Thanks!

Kevin
Old 03-09-2006, 10:15 AM

The only time I had an issue with plug-ins was before I installed chud which allows you to open your processor prefs to disable the "allow nap".

Before I used that there was constant cpu noise coming through my monitors and after I installed chud the noise was........gone.

Give that app a try and see if it helps. You may have to contact digi tech support on this one.

Good Luck.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Hi, I always get this problem when I use my 002r for itunes audio or other app and then open PT at 48, for example. All I have to do is quit PT and open it again. I think its a conflict caused by the different rates used for the apps. But I might be totally wrong.

Marcio