Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-08-2003, 09:53 AM

Default What backup programs are you Using in OS X

I have been trying to find good back up utilities for OSX. I have been using Carbon Copy cloner to copy OS and make os backups, and I started to try to use Folder syncronizer for backing up sessions, but CCC NEVER copys all of the necessary files to make bootable backups, and folder syncronizer takes alot of time to just copy files. I used to use smart replace in OS9 and it was great. Now I only have one copy of everything.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:28 PM

Default Re: What backup programs are you Using in OS X

I'm currently using Retrospect 5. Works great in OS9 and X for everything including OS backups. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2003, 01:24 AM

Default Re: What backup programs are you Using in OS X

Quote:
Originally posted by WestPhillySoulzition:
I have been using Carbon Copy cloner to copy OS and make os backups, and I started to try to use Folder syncronizer for backing up sessions, but CCC NEVER copys all of the necessary files to make bootable backups...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not true so far:
CCC makes bootable backups. Just go to the first button (options/preferences) and click on "create bootable volume" and that´s all. It works fine for me.

Greets

Markus