Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 03-09-2004, 12:53 PM

Default \"Channel Matrix\" acting up

Lately our channel matrix section of our procontrol main unit has been acting intermitantly. We typically run the channel matrix in view mode and for a year we have not had any problems.

Now, the matrix keys will simply stop functioning during a session. Jogging the unit in the ethernet controllers page under the peripherals menu helps temporarily, as does trashing the digiprefs or resetting the firmware. But the problem comes back within a few hours.

Is there anything else I can try (short of reinstalling ProTools)? The fact that we can "fix" it by jogging software settings makes me think that this is not a hardware problem, but I can't be sure. Any suggestions?
Old 04-22-2004, 06:37 AM

Default Re: \"Channel Matrix\" acting up

I still haven't been able to figure this out. Has anyone else even seen this (or something similar).

I have to disable the ethernet controllers and re-assign them at least once a day.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:20 AM

This problem seems to be getting worse. It used to creep up only after closing one session and opening another. Recently it's been happening throughout the course of a session. We can still get functionality back by unassigning the main unit and then reassigning it, but I end up going through the motions 5 or 6 times a day. I've tried reseting the firmware with no effect.

Anyone?
Old 08-13-2004, 05:07 PM

I have a problem that seems alike...
Whenever I work on smaller projects ( 16 fader or less) I disable my two outer faderpacks.
When I do this my channelmatrix becomes dead. I can't select,enable,disable or edit any group or channel.
The only thing thast solves the problem is reloading the session.
It's a 6.4 (whateverCS)problem
Old 09-07-2004, 03:38 PM

Let's keep this topic on top of the list
We'll wake them up ( hopefully...)
Old 09-23-2004, 02:21 PM

AND DIGIDESIGN STILL KEEPS QUIET...... no reaction...no response...the phone is dead...the procontrol seems obsolete...