Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 AM

Default Avid Complete Production Toolkit download broken

I am blown away that Digidesign did not check an archive before putting it up to be downloaded.

If anyone here tries to download the Complete Production Toolkit for Windows, you will see what I mean. It takes an hour to DL the giant file and then the archive is faulty. That means I cannot install a $1000 plugin bundle

What planet are they on? What company puts an archive up to download, a very expensive archive, and does not even test to see if it works?

Has anyone else had this problem?
Please help if you have beaten it.
If you are in the same boat as me, please commiserate with me here and maybe...just maybe someone from Digidesign will actually respond!

Oh wait..they don't work on weekends like normal hard-working people.

Here I am sitting in my studio, needing to open a session file that requires the amount of tracks that CPToolkit advertises, and I cannot get to work because the archive for the bundle I just purchased is faulty on their own site.

This just flat out sucks....
Old 08-29-2010, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Avid Complete Production Toolkit download broken

this is most likely to be a problem with your download. sometimes archives just don't download properly and you have to download them all over again. if it was actually a problem with the file on the server i think a lot more people would be complaining.

it sucks when it happens and it's annoying when companies don't even offer to send your a burned DVD of software you have paid thousands of dollars for.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Avid Complete Production Toolkit download broken

Thanks for responding...

I actually just figured out something interesting..that at least will help future frustrated people like myself.

To open the archive, you have to use the Windows Explorer way of unzipping. I was using WINRAR which works with every other archive file on the planet (including all the others I have downloaded from Digidesign).

Right click the file -->Open With-->Windows Explorer and drag the file to your desktop and voila! It works. This problem is solved..!

Why this file and not the others??

...it is a mystery that only the gods at Digidesign can answer...

...like why I have to buy a bundle that is labeled "Complete" that is not complete? Or why there is a plugin bundle labeled "Producer bundle Pro" yet I would be limited to 24 tracks unless I get the "Complete"??

...they must mean Producer from the early 70's working on a tape machine and has never heard of mp3s before...(get it? no mp3 on the producer pro bundle... )

Aarrgghhh....coming from the easy world of Cubase/Logic/Samplitude...this is going to be a hard journey.