Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2010, 07:43 AM

Default PT Midi editor/drums/volocity question

I have a load of midi drum parts that I have brought into pro tools from years ago.

Is there a way to take, for example, the hi-hats and select all the hits and level their velocity out? At the moment my drum parts have too much volocity difference. Some hits really loud and other barely audable.
I don't want to destroy the parts and take out the human feel, just bring them within a range. Is this possible with the midi editor?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 AM

Default Re: PT Midi editor/drums/volocity question

Yes. One of the options you have in the midi edit is to adjust velocities. You can do this note for note or globally. Highlight the track or section, right click and in the pop up menu choose the parameter you want. Refer to MIDI editing chapter in the manual for the details on the many, many ways you can edit your midi data.