Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-11-2007, 08:03 AM

Default PT LE 7.3.1 Hangs On Exit with Akai MPD24 in Win XP

Greetings,

Has anyone been exprience any hang ups when leaving PT LE. This seems to be happening with me ever since I added the Akai MPD24 to the mix. Also, if anyone knows, isn't this thing suppose to come with its own set of Windows drivers. It appears Win XP detects it and loads it as a USB Audio device.

Any info would be helpful

- KB
Old 04-11-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: PT LE 7.3.1 Hangs On Exit with Akai MPD24 in Win XP

Hey there,

I have the same problem with the hanging on exit. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen 3/4 of the time. This is a relatively recent occurrence, but I can't find any pattern to why it hangs, except that it hangs more frequently when I'm exiting a session that's been using Reason.

As for the drivers, I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to install PTLE before you hook up your hardware... thus making sure that you're using Digi's drivers.

Peace,
D
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 AM

XP assigns Keystations, Pads and USB peripherals all as USB device bla bla bla - in Pro Tools then they have numbers - 1, 2, 3 - after a while you remember what they stand for. This has been true for me on:
MPD 16, Faderport, Keystation 49 and Trigger Finger. You can name them in the peripherals, the drivers XP asssigns are the appropriate drivers - just make sure you limit the driver search to the appropriate cd (uninstall and install again to be sure).

Pro Tools 7.3, 7.3cs1 and cs2 ALL hang when exiting. You especially have to wait for your hard drive to stop blinking before you make task manager shut it down for you. If you wait long enough (5 minutes once!) it will usually, eventually close. Make sure you close your sessions before you exit and don't do the combo quit/save.

If you session is saved do ctrl-alt-del and then end session but make sure that hard drive stops blinking where you session data is stored.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:19 AM

Well...

I got of the phone with Akai and they stated the MPD24 does not come with drivers and it uses the Win XP codec. I haven't installed the of the CS updates for 7.3.1 so the problem is not just limited to them. Akai, of course, is telling me it is a PT issue and I should take it up with Digidesign. In regards to the Keystation, I also have one installed and PT identifies it automatically as such. Only the MPD24 is identified as USB Audio (4X) in fact.

- KB
Old 04-11-2007, 09:25 AM

The drivers PT LE appears to use is what you have installed in Windows XP. Since there are no specifically designed drivers for the MPD24, the USB windows codec is used. PT LE uses the codec assigned to the MPD24, which oddly enough is loaded/appears 4 times in PT LE (at least for me) along with my M-Audio Keystation driver.

- KB
Old 04-11-2007, 11:02 AM

It has been a nagging issue of mine for a while, but I can use everything so I just blow it off. The Trigger Finger has a driver installation package and Windows still installed a driver as soon as I plugged it in. I had to ID the Keystation, the MPD 16 and the Faderport in Pro Tools myself.