Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2004, 05:36 AM

Default Pan + Mute random happenings

Long day of mixing yesterday and as things were starting to wrap up I started to hear a shift in the mix. Low and behold all of my drum pannings had migrated into territory of their own. Centered snare tracks were now hard right, toms were reversed, things that were hard left were now elsewhere. Weird. Drum tracks were not grouped at the time and no additional panning changes were taking place.

Reset everything, rebooted, came back up with everything fine and then there were random mutes, again, on the drum tracks.

Never had this happen. Ever. I have noticed that since moving to HD and having Protools update the software on the Procontrol, I keep getting communication errors with PT's losing communication with various chunks of the Procontrol. Wonder if this could spawn random automation bumps. HD Accel 3 ver 6.4. Procontrol 32 channels.

Mazurek- you should be up and moving now- any ideas?

-s
Old 11-24-2004, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Pan + Mute random happenings

Scott, weirdness..

Havnet had this problem per se.. I have had the PC loose its connection, but rarely.. What version of 6.4 are you running?? Are you running a cs version? There were some PC fixes in the cs releases. Also, was the session originally a 5.x session?? Cant think of anything else other than dumb connection oriented things (hub/switch/ethernet)..

Good luck man..

-Brad
Old 11-24-2004, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Pan + Mute random happenings

hey brad- good to see you.

not sure what version really but it seems as if the problem (communication error) has been noticed by others over on the procontol board. never had the issue with the mix plus 5 software and i've switched back and forth a few times. happens with older sessions and fresh sessions within 6.4. strange- it drops various fader packs with no real method to the madness. i'll tackle the available upgrades once this record is done but don't feel like trying something new until i have a day of downtime....you know.....just in case. heh!

happy t-day!

-s