How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2013, 12:06 PM

Default Input and Output Issues / Tascam US-122mkii

Hello all,

Right off I will tell you that I have only been using Pro Tools 10 for about 3 days. My level of understanding is very low at this point in time. I have been messing around with settings in different windows so I am a little familiar with the layout.

My problem is I am unable to get both my input and my output working at the same time.

My setup is a Tascam US-122mkii Audio Interface that plugs in to my HP Pavillion dv7 via USB. I have a condenser mic that I plug in to the first mic input on the Tascam. I have a headphones that I have plugged in the phones port on the Tascam as well.

I want to be able to input my mic to pro tools through the Tascam as well as send output and playback through the Tascam which I can then hear through my headphones.

I do not have Asio4all installed. I was able to get Pro Tools running by setting my interface latency to low.

I feel like my problem is when I start a new session I never know what to set for I/O.

These are my options:

And I don't really know which one to select because I don't know what they mean.

I'm looking for someone to give me a better understanding of this.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-06-2013, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Input and Output Issues / Tascam US-122mkii

In your session setup(the window you show) choose Stereo Mix. When Pro Tools is open, go to Setup>Hardware and see if the Tascam unit is the selected audio engine(it needs to be). If it is not availabel, you probably need an ASIO driver. If Tascam does not have one, then ASIO4ALL is a free "universal" driver that may work.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-09-2013, 10:29 AM

I opened up a new session under Stereo Mix. I went to Setup > Hardware and this is what it shows.

It is showing that it is installed. I installed asio4all first and then removed it so that may be why it still shows it but it does show my tascam in the hardware list.

I opened a new Audio Track and it shows us-122 in the input and output but i don't get any response from it in the meter.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM

I'm starting to wonder two things. That my problem may be a Hardware Issue. That Tascam US-122mkii is not compatible with Pro Tools 10. Or that maybe I need to update to Pro Tools 10.3.2.

I will try to update and see if that fixes my problem.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:48 AM

Hi, this soundcard I only can use for edit or mix but not for record. You must download driver Asioall and set the driver Tascam in Highest and asio all en 512.