Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2020, 09:13 AM

Default 12.8.3 and OS 10.13.6?

Hey all. Any advice or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've been running with the mindset of "If it ain't broke...."

I'd like to purchase RX8 but it won't run on my current setup of:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 running mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Pro Tools 12.7 perpetual

Here's the skinny... I have an upgrade in my Avid account to 12.8.3. But I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with running 12.8.3 with High Sierra 10.13.6. Everything I see in forums and searches I've made, no one has addressed this combination. All the specs say that 12.8.3 is optimized for OS High Sierra 10.13.2* emphasis on the 2 and nothing about 10.13.6 I did check the compatibility chart and it says 12.8.3 is compatible with 10.13.2 and it isn't until you get to version 2018.12 that 10.13.6 is listed. I'm just wondering if anyone has had luck or any information on running version 12.8.3 with OS 10.13.6
If I had more funds to upgrade all my stuff, I would, but times are a little rough around here so I'm trying to do the best with what I have. The upgrade to 12.8.3 is free for me as well as the upgrade to High Sierra. RX8 is on sale for Cyber Monday and I'd love to take advantage as it would help me get things out the door faster to my clients, thus more funds and an eventual upgrade of my system.

Thanks all for your time and any info you can direct me to or that you may have.