Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2020, 03:16 PM

Default When can we expect full video support for Catalina?

Recently got a new Mac Mini and am now working with Catalina (Sierra previously). So far Sierra has been a much better experience with PT12. It seems its been quite a while that Avid has been working on updating their video engine to support 64-bit on import and export, but nothing is out yet. Im curious if anyone has an inside knowledge on when we can expect this. I work with video 5 days a week and would prefer to have this function obviously. Shutter encoder has filled in a nice gap considering my beloved mpeg streamclip is now retired. Any info is appreciated if there is any :).

Also, does anyone have experience with 3rd party video syncing apps? Video slave or any others? Video so far has been pretty buggy for me in 2020.5. It doesn't support 720 and i randomly will start getting 6101 errors. Until i remove the video from the session, the 6101 will continously pop up.. the only thing that gets rid of it is restarting my computer.
Old 08-24-2020, 04:17 PM

Default Re: When can we expect full video support for Catalina?

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. I'm currently just using ffWorks (a GUI that uses ffMpeg) to encode video and then when I need to make WIPs to share with client, I bounce audio out of Pro Tools and marry the two back in ffWorks. But this is definitely a huge hassle. I encode everything into DNxHD before I bring it into Pro Tools and haven't had any problems with my video engine.

I would be using Mojave but I have a 2019 Mac Pro. Every day I curse Avid while I click way too many buttons and waste time.