Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 10:13 AM

Default DP5 is out

There. I've finally got in first.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 04-06-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Re: DP5 is out

something i've always wondered about dp..... so ill just ask

unlike logic, is it possible to mix and match native and tdm plugs on the same track/aux input???
Old 04-06-2006, 09:44 PM

As far as I can tell, the rules are the same as for PT. When you run DP under DAE, you get the same engine that your would be using with PT.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:23 AM

Quote:
As far as I can tell, the rules are the same as for PT. When you run DP under DAE, you get the same engine that your would be using with PT.
At least under DP4.x, that's right (and I'm betting it's the same in 5). So, unfortunately, when you switch from MAS to DAE, all your plugins, input/output assigns and (if I remember correctly) aux sends disappear, and must be reestablished from scratch. This is a major issue because unlike PT's handy "shift/option - all selected tracks" assigns/instantiates (all the above items) mode, you have to assign all plugins and aux sends one at a time in DP (only hardware I/O can be assigned to multiple tracks). It makes working back and forth between both engines on complex projects basically unmanageable. Too bad.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
At least under DP4.x, that's right (and I'm betting it's the same in 5). So, unfortunately, when you switch from MAS to DAE, all your plugins, input/output assigns and (if I remember correctly) aux sends disappear, and must be reestablished from scratch. This is a major issue because unlike PT's handy "shift/option - all selected tracks" assigns/instantiates (all the above items) mode, you have to assign all plugins and aux sends one at a time in DP (only hardware I/O can be assigned to multiple tracks). It makes working back and forth between both engines on complex projects basically unmanageable. Too bad.
The send assignments do remain. The plugins, of course, don't as they are/were MAS plugins. However, one can hold down the cmd & option keys, and drag and drop copies of plugins with abandon, which is pretty quick. Adding the shift key also allows you to drag and drop groups of plugins.

ON a brighter note, all DP/DAE issues that were near deal-breakers for me seem to be gone. They really seem to have fixed everything.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 AM

Wow, that is soooo excitiing..... uh, wait... this is the Digidesign forum..... sorry to be a dick but have a little tiny bit of respect....
Old 04-24-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Wow, that is soooo excitiing..... uh, wait... this is the Digidesign forum..... sorry to be a dick but have a little tiny bit of respect....
DP is often used as a front end to a PT TDM system. A lot of people use their PT systems this way. How do you interpret this as somehow out of line?