Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-25-2003, 03:11 AM

Default Mach Five??

Hello Folks..
Does anyone have any news on MachFive?
Last I heard it was going to be released in april.. well now its almost august.

Rock on

/Mange
rEDhOUSE Recordings
Old 07-25-2003, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Mach Five??

I gave up on waiting it. I am using Emagic ESX 24 II Sampler. It's killer! It loads all my SampleCell Instruments prefect Plus the sample load time is so fast.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:45 AM

Reason NN-XT / Redrum here
(Reload for akai samples (Fast) and CDXtract 4.1.2 for other formats.)
Reason is one solid application!
(Mostly sequence in ProTools now with rewire) (Deselect play in Reason) But Reason's additional sequencers also work well.

DP Mac-PT 6.1, reason 2.5.
PS Recycle2 works in Clasic! Just have the 3rd party Audio and midi OS9 extensions Off (OMS/Freemidi...) in you EM OS9 set.
Audio will come out OSX soundmanager.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:59 AM

I can't understand what's the problem with MOTU. They didn't even write their own sampling engine but instead licensed it from elsewhere. All they had to do was to add an user interface...And now they can't get it on the market!

Well, anyway, it doesn't even look that interesting featurewise, no time-stretching for example.

-Z
Old 07-25-2003, 06:21 AM

i bet it's vaporware.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:05 AM

Anyone knows wich sampler can use the samplecell librarys?
Old 07-25-2003, 09:10 AM

I think the last official word from MOTU on Mach was it would be shipping by the end of this month, which gives them a bit under a week to go. MOTU's pretty famous for missing early announced ship dates - - one dealer I spoke with who handles a large volume of MOTU products said that even with their contacts, they never assumed any MOTU product would ship by a certain date until it actually made it into the Receiving Dept.

That said, Mach certainly isn't vapor, as they've done quite a few public previews, most of them running Mach under PT. And reviews from the public events have all been very glowing.

My guess is they'll announce shipping early next week, though dealers likely won't get copies for a couple of weeks after.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:15 AM

Mach What? I'll give you a Reason not to worry about it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, Reason 2.5 w/ PT 6.1 is the Frickin' Bomb! It's solid, powerful, and inspiring.

Goodluck,
John
Old 07-25-2003, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Benyvin:
Anyone knows wich sampler can use the samplecell librarys?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, Mach 5 does, so does Sampletank 2, which ships end of August. Reason's NN-XT will probably do the same one day, as it can already read AKAI, so I say the hell with MOTU and just use NN-XT in PT/Rewire. There's not much this sampler can't do.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lenf:
I think the last official word from MOTU on Mach was it would be shipping by the end of this month, which gives them a bit under a week to go. MOTU's pretty famous for missing early announced ship dates - - one dealer I spoke with who handles a large volume of MOTU products said that even with their contacts, they never assumed any MOTU product would ship by a certain date until it actually made it into the Receiving Dept.

That said, Mach certainly isn't vapor, as they've done quite a few public previews, most of them running Mach under PT. And reviews from the public events have all been very glowing.

My guess is they'll announce shipping early next week, though dealers likely won't get copies for a couple of weeks after.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wake up body! MOTU missed not one but about 4 announcements already for the Mach Five release!!!!
Some how I’m having a really hard time to believe that it will be out at the end of this month since this is what they had been promising since February about 4 times yet not even a word that would clear things up a bit so we would know, what the hell is going on!!!

Pro-Tools 10.3.10 HD 2 Accel PCIe
OSX 10.10.3