Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 01-23-2016, 04:06 PM

Default Exhausting All Possibilities. UGH PLEASE HELP ME!

Hey guys. Got a bit of a headache right now, so bare with me. I just dropped a thousand bucks on a Maschine Studio yesterday. Installation has been a nightmare. I hate NI even more than I hate Avid. Maschine software starts as normal but my Maschine Studio doesn't get past the Groove Production Studio screen. I've tried updating drivers, restarting, unplugging, the whole nine yards. I read at one point that this could be caused by the Avid CoreAudio driver.plugin. Everything I've read says to go to Library - Audio - Plugins - HAL and then remove the core audio plugin to another folder on the computer, such as the desktop. I Get to the Plugin folder and then there is no HAL folder in it. I remember updating from 10 to 11 and upgrading from Mountain Lion to Yosemite was a major hassle for me, could this HAL folder have been lost in the translation? This is mega frustrating for me. I'm hoping one of you guys that has had a similar problem can help. Thanks guys.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:09 PM

Post Re: Exhausting All Possibilities. UGH PLEASE HELP ME!

Are you going to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ or ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins? The former is where the HAL folder is on OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5. I doubt Apple moved that folder to another location.

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins does not contain a HAL folder on OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5.

I know you are using a more recent OS. This is all I have access to at the moment.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Exhausting All Possibilities. UGH PLEASE HELP ME!

Well I upgraded from 10 to 11 and I was running 10 on Mountain Lion, upgraded to Yosemite and am now running 11. I feel this may have something to do with the problem. I have a feeling this may be why I can't find he folder. Very frustrating.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:22 PM

Question Re: Exhausting All Possibilities. UGH PLEASE HELP ME!

If you download a program called Find Any File (Google it) and search for a folder named HAL on your startup volume, what happens?