Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Do I need to buy BFD2 or BFD2 upgrade if I have BFD ECO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post

Super jealous! I haven't touched any of the platinum samples stuff yet, but it does sound pretty amazing. I have a few of the FXpansion packs though. Both sig snare packs, the custom maple and the deluxe.
Have a couple of the fxpansion kits as well. There is a lot of great sounds available for it! Haven't got the snare packs, should look into it. I seem to gravitate to evil drums and Jim scott most of the time.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Keep in mind that for many BFD2 is almost impossible to authorize.
Piece of cake to authorize.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setvice View Post
Piece of cake to authorize.
It's not that perfect when studio computers are offline. Return resonse from the challenge was not to be found. Haven't heard a word after 4 attempts to contact customer service over the days.

Don’t get me wrong, I love these guys, but wow.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 AM

I was contacted today, and was told the problem was with their server and it is now fixed.

I see the writing on the wall, whether I like it or not, the studio will eventually need to go online for auths. It's getting harder and harder to use a second computer for this. There are some 3rd parties that will probably never move to ilok. I guess if you make something as good as BFD2, you can get away with it. For simple plug-ins though, it’s ilok or nothing for me.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM

as much as I dislike iLok, I also like it for the ease in authorizing. I think Plugin Alliance has the best auth system out now. You can auth a computer and/or a regular USB flash drive. You can deactivate a computer anytime and the auth will be automatically added back to your account, so no need to email and ask for a reset. You have 3 auths Forever! You can activate your studio computer, laptop, and a USB stick all at the same time, making it easy to use the software you paid for wherever you want.

You have easy online and offline activation, and when using a USB stick, its compatible with your Wave auths as well.

I wish all manufacturers would move to this platform. Forget having to spend money on an overpriced flash drive (iLok) and just use a regular flash drive and have the option to authorize certain computers at the same time. Your auth'ed computer crashes? NO PROBLEM, go online to your account, de-activate the computer. and you have that auth right back in your account. No ZDT to pay, no shipping in a flash drive filled with ALL your auth's, no fees, no wait, no worry. Its like an iLok without all the restrictions, pumped up fees, and unfriendly terms.

That said, Fxpansion has been pretty good. The longest I've had to wait was 24 hours after sending an email. Hopefully it goes that smooth when I need to re-auth all plugs/expansions after the switch to Win8 in Oct.

PS. now is a great time to get into BFD2, I know a seller on eBay who can get you BFD Eco and BFD2 for under $200.

If you prefer Superior Drummer, then checkout AudioDelux, under $200 get Superior and an Expansion pack.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
PS. now is a great time to get into BFD2, I know a seller on eBay who can get you BFD Eco and BFD2 for under $200.
You can get Eco for $49 during July & August which includes a free copy of our Rock Legends QuickPack for BFD (which normally sells for $59.99)

You can upgrade to BFD2 for $99

http://www.platinumsamples.com/ps/Ro...sQuickPack.php

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=166

Cheers,

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 07-23-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I think Plugin Alliance has the best auth system out now. You can auth a computer and/or a regular USB flash drive. You can deactivate a computer anytime and the auth will be automatically added back to your account, so no need to email and ask for a reset. You have 3 auths Forever! You can activate your studio computer, laptop, and a USB stick all at the same time, making it easy to use the software you paid for wherever you want.

You have easy online and offline activation, and when using a USB stick, its compatible with your Wave auths as well.

I wish all manufacturers would move to this platform. Forget having to spend money on an overpriced flash drive (iLok) and just use a regular flash drive and have the option to authorize certain computers at the same time. Your auth'ed computer crashes? NO PROBLEM, go online to your account, de-activate the computer. and you have that auth right back in your account. No ZDT to pay, no shipping in a flash drive filled with ALL your auth's, no fees, no wait, no worry. Its like an iLok without all the restrictions, pumped up fees, and unfriendly terms.
I'll take another look at Plug-in Alliance, the addition of the USB stick is a great improvement for them. It's just that the last time I looked there were no DSP plug-ins. Perhaps that is changing?

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com