Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2002, 11:02 AM

Default Question regarding Wordclock sync...

ok, this is a question for a friend, he's running an AMIII card with PT 4.3 on an 8600.

He wants to slave a Yahama o2r using Word clock. So what does he have to do? I've tried doing a couple of searches, all I can find is people bitching about how PT LE doesn't support Timecode...

So...any help?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Question regarding Wordclock sync...

Search the Compatibility Docs for Machine Control
Old 02-16-2002, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Not my area of expertise at all, but if you haven't already, you can see if anything from the Pro Tools LE & Time Code Q & A helps: http://www.digidesign.com/support/faq/ptletc.html

Again, I don't know, but maybe using MTC is an option? http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=7240

I do remember back from the Pro Tools 4.3 Audiomedia III days that about the only way to get Pro Tools to sync to external clock was using something like a MOTU Digital Time Piece or Aardsync perhaps using the S/PDIF on the AMIII.

I don't think MachineControl is what you are looking for. I don't remember offhand if it requried a TDM system back in the PT 4 days. It didn't come up a lot in discussions as an option for AMIII owners since it lists for $749. You could check to see if it exists as an option in the Pro Tools Setups > Peripherals Machine Control window in PT 4. (even on a TDM system, it might not show up unless the MachineControl software already exists in the DAE Folder/DAE Extensions folder)
But you can check the MachineControl Guide and the older MachineControl Addendum under heading "Pro Tools Mac v4".
and in the Products section:
http://www.digidesign.com/products/p...roduct_id=1050

The Answerbase probably is a good place to look, though. A search for the words:
word clock
bring up 28 records, so maybe something there will be of use.

That's about all the unknowlegable advice I have to offer. Sorry if this sends you down the wrong road and wastes your time. Hopefully someone else can give you a more accurate answer than I can. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2002, 10:13 PM

Ok I'd like to thank you guys for your response. It now appears to me that my friend is a little confused about what he wants...and I was wrong about his interface, it's actually Pro ToolsIII here's his latest message

"Its actually protools III - rather than protools with audiomedia III - but I do have a audio media III sound card and software, I just haven't hooked it up.

Yamaha o2r - digital loop with 8-track adat - 8 analog outs from the alesis 8-track adat to the 882/20 protools interface in - 8 analog outs from the 882/20 protools interface to the line imputs track 13-24 on the yamaha O2R.

It would seem that it would be possible to route audio through the adat from the O2R to send a direct signal to protools, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

I can record from the adat to protools, and I can get an out put on tracks 13-24 from protools to the O2R, but I can't record from the O2R to Protools with miscellaneous signals. I have the digital cable hooked to the coaxial digital out on the O2R and in on the digital in on the 882/20 protools interface.

I think I need to create a digital loop with the O2R and Interface just as I did with the O2R and adat. Anybody have any sugestions?"

So, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in adavnce again