Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-12-2006, 10:09 AM

Default No sound when playback after recording

I use an Ibook G4 and I have been trying to get Mbox/protools to work for the last month. I am at the point where I can now here my guitar through the mbox (but only when putting a headphone directly into the mbox) and I can hear voice through my condensor mic. My question is as follows:

I am not hearing any sound when playing back what (think) I've recorded on protools. I do not in act know for sure that I've even recorded at all. But I believe I went through the propper motions such as clicking on the little R which is the record-reddying button and then hitting record on the main record/play strip. I don't know if its something I have to adjust in my ibook or something needs to be adjusted in the protools software. Can someone please tell me how I can determine that I did in fact record something? If the recording was made, how to I make it audible. Or if it sounds to you like nothing was in fact recorded, where did I go wrong, how do I fix this so I can get goin' with this thing? Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Mbox 1
Protools LE for intel based macs
Old 02-12-2006, 10:24 AM

Default Re: No sound when playback after recording

Mbox Basics Guide

Speficially pages 8-9
Old 02-12-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Re: No sound when playback after recording

Thankyou but I already did that. I followed the instructions on how to record and play-back explained on pages 8 and 9 of the Mbox basics guide. I followed the instructions to a T. I created a session in protools, I prepared the track for recording, assigned line/mic 1 and 2 and hit the "record enable" button. Then I hit record and play. Although the time counter was recording, i believe no recording was made. I hear no playback.

Just some additional info: I have an acoustic guitar and condensor mic that I have been trying to use with Mbox/protools on my ibook.

Please, Is there someone who knows how to address this problem so i can start recording? Thanx.
Mbox 1
Protools LE for intel based macs