How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2012, 07:27 PM

Default PT10/Focusrite Scarlett/Win7 will not work at all

Hello,

I have tried everything I could think of and researched as much as I could on how to troubleshoot PT10 installation problems. No avail. I have PT10 EDU and I simply cannot get it to install successfully on my computer. I have a Focusrite 2i2 (which is supposed to be compatible according to Avid) and Pro Tools recognizes it in the hardware section, but I cannot record or get any playback. I am going to try to be as concise and organized as I can and I have included screenshots of my problems:

The first day I couldn't even get PT to open up. It would make my computer shut off and I would try again... I reinstalled PT but didnt install the VSTi's at all... This seemed to work. I can atleast open PT now.

Next, I would get DAE playback errors and the like. Those are pretty common if research tells me anything. I trashed preferences and ran as administrator. I also changed the sample rates. I changed it to 48 kHz and I was able to get playback. I set that file as a template, hoping it would save whatever made it work, but the next time i opened up PT I got this message...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37473715/pro%20tools.jpg

I then closed out, rebooted, and tried again. Still the same thing.

I also get this message every time i open up PT now. It doesnt matter if I change the settings or anything.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37473715/ASI...properties.jpg

I have no idea. PT recognizes my hardware (I think) because I can find it in my hardware tab, but it still seems super glitchy.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37473715/sample%20rates.jpg

Does someone know where my problem could be? I cant get rid of my PT because it is the EDU version. Would an Avid interface help, or is the problem from something else?

Thank yall so much for reading all of this.

My interface runs flawlessly on reaper and cubase, and I have installed the most recent drivers successfully for it. If yall need any more info just let me know.

EDIT: I forgot to mention: I am currently using a home build pc with an AMD FX quad core processor. I have also tried installing PT10 on my other AMD dual core desktop and my i5 Quad core laptop. Each computer has had the same problems. I cannot use PT at all for more than a few minutes, and this has happened on 3 computers.

I tried booting up pro tools again, and now I cant even get past the slash screen. "Pro Tools has stopped working"...

Bleh

Last edited by jacobpo2; 01-09-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Remembered more info
Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 AM

Default Re: PT10/Focusrite Scarlett/Win7 will not work at all

I had basically the same problem getting a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 to work with PT10. When I started PT I would get the ASIO properties have changed error message. Restarting Pro Tools resulted in the same ASIO properties have changed message.

I messed around with it and the only thing I know I did was hold the n key down the first time I started PT and change the buffer latency from short to medium in the Saffire Mix Control (this may only be on firewire devices) but after that I was able to finally get PT10 to accept the Saffire Pro 40.

Craig Anderton, in a review of the Roland Octo Capture USB device found that the only way he could get Pro Tools to work with the Octo Capture was to set the buffer size in 64 bit increments, e.g. 128, 256, etc. If he set the buffer at 96 he would get the ASIO device properties message and it would not work. Look at the Mix Control for your device and see if any of this also pertains to your device and try them.

Member of Nashville R.O.P.E. Assn.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 AM

Default Re: PT10/Focusrite Scarlett/Win7 will not work at all

I set my Buffer size to 512 samples, and that seemed to work. I was editing 1 vocal track with the channel strip plugin for about 5 minutes and during the session I got the "Pro Tools has stopped working" notification and it made me quit.

Any other ideas?