Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2009, 02:30 PM

Question Melodyne Plug-in crashing Pro Tools LE 8.0

After upgrading to ProTools LE 8.0, Melodyne Plug-in crashes ProTools every time I insert it into a track.

The Melodyne Plug-in appears among the list of my plug-ins in the “other” category. I am able to select it for a mono channel, and the name immediately appears as an insert. However, when I try to select any action, including “Play”, “Rewind” or even “Track” or “View”, ProTools indicates that it is “Not Responding” and the hour glass shows infinitely. The only way to proceed is to end the program.

I downloaded and installed the CS3 update of Pro Tools 8.0 LE. I then trashed the Pro Tools and DAE related preferences. I then rebooted the computer and removed Melodyne Plug-in, including its references in the Windows registry. After rebooting the computer, I reinstalled Melodyne Plug-in 1.0.4.2, started ProTools and reduced my RTAS processors to one as recommended by Celemony.

I opened a blank session, inserted only the Melodyne plug-in on a single track, and Pro Tools crashed.

Celemony support has no solution; I am out of ideas; and I have an artist who is waiting for her Demo CD. Please advise if I have overlooked something or if someone else has experienced this problem.

Thank you. /Bill
Old 09-03-2009, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Melodyne Plug-in crashing Pro Tools LE 8.0

Have you tried the PT 8.0.1 update?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-05-2009, 09:26 AM

Tom,

Thank you for the suggestion. I upgraded to Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 last night after which I could not open ProTools until I removed the Structure plugin. I don't think the problem with the Melodyne plugin is related.

Unfortuntately, Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 also crashes immediately after I insert Celemony Melodyne plugin as the first insert on a blank track in a new session. The name of the insert appears in the track, but the Melodyne online activation window never opens.

At the suggestion of Celemony support, I have reduced the RTAS processors by one, uninstalled and reinstalled the Melodyne Plug-in, upgraded my video drivers and upgraded my PACE drivers. On my own, I have disabled my second processor, disabled SpeedStep Technology, upgraded audio drivers, trashed Pro Tools and DAE preferences, upgraded audio drivers, and upgraded Reason Adapted for Digidesign to 3.05 in case the Melodyne plugin somehow conflicted with ReWire. I am current with all recommended updates to Windows XP Media Edition, SP3.

The fact that the Melodyne plugin worked without a problem in Pro Tools LE 7.4 when Waves Tune Light would not work is both frustrating and the only hint I have to solve this problem.

Bill
Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 AM

"Windows XP Media Edition, SP3"

This OS is not supported or recommended by Digidesign. Many times something that is unsupported will work for a length of time and then, out of the blue, start causing problems. If possible, please see the General Troubleshooting thread for instructions to post a Sandra or PC Wizard report.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-05-2009, 01:54 PM

Make sure you are using the latest update for melodyne then try using a single core instead of multi core only when using melodyne.

Without knowing your system I am only guessing based on problems i have had in the past

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent