Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2023, 12:56 PM

Default Locking to application

I have Eucon set to lock the transport to PT and the Monitor section to Sphere, which in the past seemed to also keep the S1s and corresponding tablets locked as well, but now when I switch to the Sphere GUI, surfaces and tablets all lose their lock as well. I'm 99% sure this worked the other way in the past, but maybe I'm wrong. What is the intended behavior here? I should add that Sphere is the only other application listed in Eucon settings and it seems to be the only application that "steals" the system.

Last edited by zakco; 08-26-2023 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Locking to application

remove Sphere from the Application white list. It doesn't need to be there.
Old 08-27-2023, 11:18 AM

Well, that did it, thanks. It was added in the first place because I couldn't get Sphere to appear at the monitor checkbox without it. Now that it's there, I can delete it from the list as you suggested and it keeps it's status at the checkbox. I'm glad it's working but that's pretty unintuitive. I wish some of these quirks were documented a bit more clearly.
Old 08-28-2023, 11:20 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
Well, that did it, thanks. It was added in the first place because I couldn't get Sphere to appear at the monitor checkbox without it. Now that it's there, I can delete it from the list as you suggested and it keeps it's status at the checkbox. I'm glad it's working but that's pretty unintuitive. I wish some of these quirks were documented a bit more clearly.
Thats weird, shouldn't require that. Can you do a test for me if you get time? Remove Sphere from the lock to Monitor check box. Then making sure its listed at the top as the last focused Application try checking the box again (without adding it to the list) Its working OK with the XMon monitoring App so I'm wondering if this is a Sphere issue.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Thats weird, shouldn't require that. Can you do a test for me if you get time? Remove Sphere from the lock to Monitor check box. Then making sure its listed at the top as the last focused Application try checking the box again (without adding it to the list) Its working OK with the XMon monitoring App so I'm wondering if this is a Sphere issue.

I tried it and it works the way you describe now. Because this was immediately after installing Sphere, it's possible that my system needed another restart or perhaps some unidentified user error, in which case, maybe I jumped the gun with this thread, sorry.