How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Can't hear anything on my Pro Tools 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Really would be a good idea to request some kind of idea scale information asking avid to include more types of videos with the actual purchase that way a lot of these Type of I/o questions / getting started questions are really taking care of At the time of purchase while the user is installing the software

Because let's all be honest we would all rather watch a cool video about how to set it up then read the manual
I'm not saying there's not a place for the manual. But maybe not on the install For the M box crowd
Just my own perception, but given what appears to be the direction Avid is moving, I doubt they would be interested in producing videos of this type.

Pro Tools is simply not a product for beginners, especially those who aren't willing to do any learning on their own.

Avid (actually Digidesign) made their mark by supplying professional-grade hardware and software to professional users. And it appears that they are going to return to focusing almost exclusively on those customers.

And, all things considered, that is probably the best thing for Avid to do at this time...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 03-31-2013, 08:11 PM

I think Russ at Pro Tools Expert has a video on exactly helping newbies get PT running. Groove 3 also has some good stuff on getting PT up and running. Worth the money. Then again the op has to want to pay the money and watch the videos and follow what's on them.

QAPLA!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:15 PM

Yes agreed to both bill and Scott - but mbox sell in the 10's of millions and I would wager (a mbox mini) that its a huge portion of the income for them

If the wanna focus in the professional only - I'm all for that but I think it would be foolish to turn away all that revenue

So make a few videos to get em started and include them in the account when they register - 7 basic points - install / playback engine - I/o / instantiating effects - / Midi /

Ok so maybe 4 videos but the point is they have spent the money now lets keep them in the product line

First purchase here for most people was an Mbox (mine was Mbox2pro)

Then You get a 003r / then you get them entrenched in the product line - keep spending money

It's good business - which leads to happy customers - which leads to more business
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 PM

It says that my computer monitor is a Windows 7. I can't record. I'm trying to playback anything. I'm using headphones.

I don't know what this stuff is: interface, OS, drivers, what I'm 'monitoring from', monitors, 'built-in'
Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 AM

After reading his latest post, I would wonder if the OP is sufficiently knowledgeable to use any DAW software, much less one as advanced as Pro Tools...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKey555777 View Post
It says that my computer monitor is a Windows 7. I can't record. I'm trying to playback anything. I'm using headphones.

I don't know what this stuff is: interface, OS, drivers, what I'm 'monitoring from', monitors, 'built-in'
You need to READ and COMPREHEND the manuals and other documentation that came with your Mbox and Pro Tools. I don't know how much clearer that can be made.

QAPLA!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:17 AM

OK thekey5557777....
It seems your in Michigan. Before we all get wrapped up that your inexperience
is frustrating to help, Studio-A in Dearborn offers Pro Tools 101 classes.
Depending on your age local community colleges and universities also offer education on this. I may also point out that reading is your first defense, then research and ask poignant questions. If English is a language barrier then consider asking were to get information in your native language where comprehension could be achieved.

If your just hootin' then it's April Fools on us.
This is a nowhere post.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Call your nearest large music store(like Guitar Center or Sam Ash). Most offer free Pro Tools classes.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM

Why can't someone tell me why I can't hear anything on my Pro Tools? What's wrong with it? I just bought it. It's brand new.
There is a code: -7 error on my Pro Tools.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKey555777 View Post
Why can't someone tell me why I can't hear anything on my Pro Tools? What's wrong with it? I just bought it. It's brand new.
There is a code: -7 error on my Pro Tools.
Why can't you tell us more about what you are doing to get this error message? Have you read ANYTHING in this thread at all about what you can do to help yourself? We need to know a LOT more about your setup.

QAPLA!