How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 04-14-2021, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Question about PT and Komplete Kontrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimEyePianoGuy View Post
I’ve been nice the whole time. You aren’t tired yet? Sitting up there on that perch and all?
No. I'm playing video games right now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
I don't have your computer. So can't help you. Also I'm not tech support. Why would I want to teach you? I'm not a teacher. You just mess with it until it works. No good deed goes unpunished.
Yeah...that came across a little harsh. It started out as if you knew some special (however kludgy) technique that might make it all work. Therefore the OP (still exploring Protools), and I (interested in getting NI and KK S88) wanted to learn from you. Now we're hesitant to ask...and left with "just mess with it until it works."

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 04-14-2021, 09:40 PM

Warzone

Old 04-14-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Yeah...that came across a little harsh. It started out as if you knew some special (however kludgy) technique that might make it all work. Therefore the OP (still exploring Protools), and I (interested in getting NI and KK S88) wanted to learn from you. Now we're hesitant to ask...and left with "just mess with it until it works."
Sorry Bro.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:43 PM

I'm also curious about this, as a PT and NI keyboard user, and someone considering the S88 mkII (current mkI owner).
Old 04-14-2021, 11:31 PM

Komplete Kontrol unfortunately doesn’t work in PT (all the “advanced features). I have the mk1, bought it almost immediately after release in the hope that Avid will somehow adapt PT to fully support KK. Alas - that hasn’t happened and given the time since the initial KK release I think it is safe to say that Avid will not support it in the future. So basically KK is just another master keyboard with nothing special about it. I have since moved to Doepfer and don’t use KK anymore.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion777 View Post
Komplete Kontrol unfortunately doesn’t work in PT (all the “advanced features). I have the mk1, bought it almost immediately after release in the hope that Avid will somehow adapt PT to fully support KK. Alas - that hasn’t happened and given the time since the initial KK release I think it is safe to say that Avid will not support it in the future. So basically KK is just another master keyboard with nothing special about it. I have since moved to Doepfer and don’t use KK anymore.
That is a shame. I was hoping to see the NI integration work within Protools. I might still get the KK S88 to work with Komplete outside of Protools.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 04-15-2021, 02:26 AM

I gave up on KK and an S88mk2 very quickly and sent it back.

For a start, KK is no use if you use VE Pro. If PT is focused then there’s no inter-communication with the instance of KK in VE Pro so you can’t do anything! No keyswitches show up, no browsing on the S88 display etc. It only works if KK is instantiated within PT.

IMHO the workflow is klutzy. Instantiating KK in PT and THEN instantiating a VI within KK is something just waiting to break in an update given NIs recent history of AAX stability.

The S88 has a lovely keybed though.
Old 04-15-2021, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion777 View Post
Well, I've found that this is just not true.. at least from the perspective of ALL the advanced features... Pretty much all of them are working for me now. See post below.
Old 04-15-2021, 04:24 AM

Ok..
So, thanks to someone over on Reddit, this has been sorted.

While the transport doesn't work (I believe this to be a long-standing issue from my research) and the mixer doesn't work (I wouldn't be mixing on the S88 anyhow). But pretty much everything else is now working.

The light bar works for various instruments, the browser is now working perfectly, the scale and arp features are working. Basically everything I would use in a tracking workflow now works with PT's perfectly.

So for anyone looking at this in the future... all I had to do was remove the FB360 stuff that Pro Tools installs. Thats it. It's working great now.

DEPG