Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 10:19 PM

Default Digi 002 Failure to Communicate, but not power ha

Ever had one of those days where you think to yourself..."finally I have a stable working studio that behaves the way that digidesign had inteneded".... only to switch it on and for your Digi 002 to find a new way to piss you off.....

My problem is this....

I fixed the notorious power harness problem...(about 4 months ago).. or so I thought, and today, on loading pro tools 6.9 the Digi and my PC had a difference of opinion and now refuse to talk to one another. The firewire LED is on (without interuption), and as long as the fire wire cable is disconnected from the digi I can enter Standalone mode and do a factory reset on the hardware.

However, if they are connected the factory reset will not work, and standalone mode will not work.

Up until the day before yesterday, my computer and the digi were the best of friends, and as far as I can gather nothing disastrous has happened since then...

Is this the early stages of yet another power harness gremlin....? or should I start collecting fire wood.....?

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated....as yet again the timing of digidesign products going BUNG..is exemplary....(Mastering Session Booked in 2 Weeks time.......Bugger)

Thanks Guys

LOADER
Old 05-24-2006, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Digi 002 Failure to Communicate, but not power ha

Loader,

Try opening up your 002 and reseating the connections to the power harness and power supply. That should get you up and running. If that fixes you for now, I`d be on to digi for another harness. Some guys are on to their 2nd and 3rd fixes.

...Hope it works for you

....Roy
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 05-25-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Digi 002 Failure to Communicate, but not power ha

Maybe the firewire cable?(I had one fail for no apparent reason). If you have a PCI card for firewire, maybe it needs reseating?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-27-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Bugger...

Ok...Firstly...thanks for the advice guys.

Unfortunately, I have tried reseating the Power Harness...No Joy.
Also Tried replacing Firewire cable and card....No Joy
Also Tried Running around with my underpants on my head smeared with contact cleaner and appealing for mercy to the Gods of Music Technology......No Joy.

As far as I can gather, my 002 has no power problems, but will not communicate with the computer.

Has anyone ever had any problems with the firewire component of the digi.

I think the whole 'not going into standby mode when the computer is connected" thing could be a hint of whatevers up.

Once again...appreciate any guidance....I guess this will teach me for trying to write music on a PC.....