Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2009, 04:35 PM

Default ReFX NEXUS anyone? demo not working! can't contact reFX.

Hi,

Wanted to try the demo of Nexus, but no go in pro tools HD! it says its RTAS but nothing showing. i did manage to get the vst to install but wrapping the vst just gave a bug monster.

Can't join the forum unless your registered user! can't register for any support or contact pre sales as their verification system rejected my entry 20 times

Man don't these people want to sell their product

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:32 PM

Default Re: ReFX NEXUS anyone? demo not working! can't contact reFX.

Hey Chris,

- I think the demo might be outdated and old, Nexus 2 works great in PT8 and in my experience is as stable as Digis own VI´s, actually its one of the only 3. party synth that support Icon-mapping
Actually can´t recomend this synth enough.
As for support, hmm.. - havent had any problems so far (knock on wood) - Mike one of the ReFX-guyes that answers questions can sometimes come-off as a bit arrogant - but he knows his sh..

Hope this helps you

Cheers

Euro-Sound Studio
www.euro-sound.org
Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 PM

Default Re: ReFX NEXUS anyone? demo not working! can't contact reFX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A M View Post
Hey Chris,

- I think the demo might be outdated and old, Nexus 2 works great in PT8 and in my experience is as stable as Digis own VI´s, actually its one of the only 3. party synth that support Icon-mapping
Actually can´t recomend this synth enough.
As for support, hmm.. - havent had any problems so far (knock on wood) - Mike one of the ReFX-guyes that answers questions can sometimes come-off as a bit arrogant - but he knows his sh..

Hope this helps you

Cheers
Hi,

Yes the Nexus looks great and i tried get it to work in Logic and i'll probably be purchasing it at some time.

I have the vst wrapper and bought sylenth which works 100% and maps on the control 24 etc. awesome synth for the bucks. but it is VST so needs the wrapper.

Also bought Gladiator. this doesn't wrap very well in PT but i run it in Logic as AU and trigger it from PT, its another cool synth that has an arsenal of sounds.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.