Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-26-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Can\'t write trim automation from control surface

Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to write trim automation from the C24! I select trim mode, make the adjustment and when i unselect trim mode it just reverts to as it was! if i make tha changes with the mouse its fine?? If i put the track into auto record and trim then it writes auto as normal and ignores the trim! if i try to use the write automation to all command it does nothing!

Is it now broke?(along with edit groups) or am i doing something wrong!! used to be a really quick and easy feature.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Can\'t write trim automation from control surface

Can you give a specific step by step description?

Trim mode has changed for 7.2, but I assure you, it works. Note in the Mixing prefs pane there are 3 "trim coalesce" choices.

However, it almost sounds like you are in read/trim mode, rather than write, latch, or touch/trim mode. In "read/trim" if you exit trim mode you lose the offset you had. "Read trim" allows a new functionality where you can preview the trim level for as long as you want, and then either ditch it or manually "coalesce trim" on that track.

Danny Caccavo
Product Manager
Digidesign