I finally got pt9 to install but now itbwill not launch. It says

Buss error in main thread at address oxo
Old 12-31-2010, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Buss Error in Main Thread at address oxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
I finally got pt9 to install but now itbwill not launch. It says

Buss error in main thread at address oxo
I forgot to say I am on a Mac (8 core) Snow Leopard upgrading from PT8HD to PT 9 HD Accel 2
Old 01-01-2011, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
I forgot to say I am on a Mac (8 core) Snow Leopard upgrading from PT8HD to PT 9 HD Accel 2
Hi,

Things i would try/check...

run the combo updater for Snow Leopard 10.6.5

uninstall PT9 using the uninstaller in the applications/digidesign/pro tools folder. select the safe option, which will just remove the fundamental PT files and leave all optional and third party plugs etc.

Trash prefs!! use this app.. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=190122

repair disk permission and re-boot

Then run the PT9 installer again.

All above should renew all possible corrupt files!

see if that fixes things, and it should only take 15 minutes.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Things i would try/check...

run the combo updater for Snow Leopard 10.6.5

uninstall PT9 using the uninstaller in the applications/digidesign/pro tools folder. select the safe option, which will just remove the fundamental PT files and leave all optional and third party plugs etc.

Trash prefs!! use this app.. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=190122

repair disk permission and re-boot

Then run the PT9 installer again.

All above should renew all possible corrupt files!

see if that fixes things, and it should only take 15 minutes.

Chris
Hi Chris,

Thank yo for the advise. I finally fixed the problem and it had to do with something apparently un-related to PT. A while back I had bought a wireless USB router to connect my studio to my house wireless network. This adapter had installed a specific extension that worked under Leopard but apparently does not work under Snow Leopard. It has to do with the 32 or 64 bit kernel. I did several searched in the internet regarding this kernel and came up with a solution that suggested to edit the contest of the kernel and change some of the program lines (change a number in the programming from number 8 to number 9). I made the change (I am not knowledgable about this levels of computer language) but I am still missing how to re-activate (replace the old kernel with the new). Sp essentially, the change I made disabled the usb adaper router and allowed PT to launch (i don;t have the wireless usb adapter running anymore).

Installing PT 9 was a real hassle, aside form the USB thing, the Re-wire.dpm continued to crash the installation (I was upgrading from 8 to 9) so I had to actually remove the rewire plugin from the folder so that PT0 would run (I have no re-wire plugin anymore). Also, the authorization via the card number failed like 10 times. Every time I entered the serial number of my HD core it would say "serial number not accepted". After many, many tires it worked (I was using copy an paste so it was not a typing error).

So as of now, I have the system running but I have not tried it for stability, video performance, or anything. The one thing I tried was Eucon with MC transport (another pain to install the latest Eucon software). Eucon software installed fine but it would show and error and would not work at all. The problem is that one has to manually remove the old Eucon preferences from the 2 pref folders...But I did not find any warning or directions to "remove pref files by hand or the thing will not work".

On first look, the MC transport running under latest Eucon, the soft keys (jog, shuttle, cursor position, etc) "stick" and even if the button is lit and the show function shows the desired more, the previous mode remains active. For example: you are in Jog then you switch to Zoom , the button says Zoom (its lit the, the show application says I am now in Zoom) but when you move the wheel it JOGS instead.

Another annoying feature of the Jog/Shuttle wheel is that when it is active it "hogs" the normal key board and mouse so one has to get off from wheel mode to use the mouse. It makes no sense to have to dis-engage the use of the wheel to be able to use the mouse. The whole point of the JOG/SHUTTLE is to be able locate specific points in the timeline "for editing". It would be great to be able to rock the tape pass the head, find the spot and simply grab the mouse to edit with the pencil but to do this, one must get off MC transport mode first?

Well, so far...not so impressed but I just started, we'll see in the weeks to come how it works.

Thanks agsin for your suggestion