Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2020, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Goodhertz CanOpener

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I'm using my AKG K271's as my 270's aren't totally functional anymore. And it doesn't make any difference what ARS3 headphone preset I use or even if I don't use one. Note that it doesn't happen on all material; mostly electric guitar and orchestral & synth brass.

As to Hear v3 by Flux - I heard back from support. I told them that the bypass button doesn't work on the aax version in PT but does work when the au version is hosted in BC Patchwork. They wrote back that the bypass button doesn't affect the number of outputs from the plugin and that Hear was like Downmix in PT. Never mentioned anything about changing the number of channels. Seems like their support people are as brain dead as those working for Native Instruments

I also have a pair of AKG 270's, but I prefer my Audio-Technica ATH-M30's. The AKG's also sounded a bit bassy to me, whereas the AT's seem really even and clearer.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I also have a pair of AKG 270's, but I prefer my Audio-Technica ATH-M30's. The AKG's also sounded a bit bassy to me, whereas the AT's seem really even and clearer.
The reason the 270's sound bassy is because of the way they're designed with the 2 drivers in each ear and the way they're aimed into the ear canal. More's the pity that AKG stopped making them. Almost everything I mixed on them came out really well when put up on my monitors and that translated well to other speakers systems.

QAPLA!
Old 04-21-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The reason the 270's sound bassy is because of the way they're designed with the 2 drivers in each ear and the way they're aimed into the ear canal. More's the pity that AKG stopped making them. Almost everything I mixed on them came out really well when put up on my monitors and that translated well to other speakers systems.

Oops, I told you wrong. Its the K240's I have not the 270's. I don't why I thought I had the 270's. It was first pair for my studio. They're nice, and certainly an old staple for a lot of people.