Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2016, 10:43 AM

Default HD MADI issues after upgrade to 12

Will get specs on our rig soon, but I wanted to put this out there in hopes we're not the only one with this problem.
We've got a Mac HDX system (I'm pretty sure we're running Yosemite, but will verify soon), to an HD MADI, to SSL Alpha-Links, to a Duality. After upgrade to 12, we're getting multiple outputs arriving at the Alpha-Links (signal coming out of 5 would also arrive at 9). I deleted all paths in the I/O setup except one. As I changed the routing across both of my Alpha-Links, the problem was consistent (output 33 would also arrive at 37).
I'm grasping at straws thinking there may be a firmware issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:56 AM

Default Re: HD MADI issues after upgrade to 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb8390 View Post
Will get specs on our rig soon, but I wanted to put this out there in hopes we're not the only one with this problem.
We've got a Mac HDX system (I'm pretty sure we're running Yosemite, but will verify soon), to an HD MADI, to SSL Alpha-Links, to a Duality. After upgrade to 12, we're getting multiple outputs arriving at the Alpha-Links (signal coming out of 5 would also arrive at 9). I deleted all paths in the I/O setup except one. As I changed the routing across both of my Alpha-Links, the problem was consistent (output 33 would also arrive at 37).
I'm grasping at straws thinking there may be a firmware issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We have a very similar problem: We have a Horus converter getting MADI channels into Avid's MADI I/O (firmware 2.13). At 96khz everything is fine, each channel correspond to the correct channel (I/O).
But, when working in 192Khz ProTools mirrors the first input through the first 4 inputs of the same signal, which should be only nº 1.
I.e, we send a mono signal through the madi and we get the same signal on inputs 1 to 4, if we send a mic through input 2, we will get the signal in inputs 5 to 8. etc...!
Again, if we work at 96Khz it runs perfectly.
Clocks are ok, at any sample rate, and also at 192khz from the trinity to all devices.

So, basically ProTools or the Horus are repeating the same input signal through the 1 to 4 inputs!?!??!

It seems to be the exact opposite that Jonnhy complains... does anyone have an explanation?

MacPro 5.1
HDX2
MADI (two digilinks cables to the cards, 12feet - I heard someone complaining that at 192Khz, cables must be extremely short!?!?))
Horus interface to Madi
trinity clock
ProTools HD11.3.1 (going to HD12 tomorrow)

Jorge
Avantools